Saturday, April 08, 2006

Wow, I’m in such a better mood than I was in my last post.

I have been battling a lot the last couple of days, however. The ms seems to be back in town. I’m walking awkwardly, and this is making my hip sore again. And I’ve been eating so badly. I swear it’s been the only time I’ve felt happy lately, when I’m eating. The worse I eat, the worse I feel, and the worse I feel the worse I want to eat. Vicious circle or what? I’ve gotten a grip on myself today, though.

I phoned my medical aid and asked if I can receive the cortisone treatment as an outpatient, only going in in the mornings for an hour to get the drip. They refused. So I pointed out to them that they could save over ten thousand rand a year if they did it my way. Management discussed it, and gave me authorization to be an out-patient. Yay! They thanked me for phoning in. Apparently it’s almost unheard of for a member to phone in and actually try to save them some money. And as for me, if I have to lie in that hospital for 5 days again, I’ll seriously go off my rocker. It’s a good hospital, but it’s just too boring for words to lie there for a week, while my life gets put on hold. No man.
So now I can go and get my muti without it being such a very big deal! I’ll probably start going this week, or maybe next week, depending on how I feel.

It was lovely seeing Annie again. Just like old times!

Good to be back home with Michael, though. I missed that man! A lot!


Last night, I bit down hard while I was eating, and my front teeth weren’t 100% aligned. They ground against each other, and I chipped my bottom front tooth. I swore and carried on a bit (poor Michael). I was pretty upset. Slightly recovered now. I’ll go to see the dentist next week, and hopefully they can just buff it a bit and it will be all right.
I also want to see the dental hygienist. Back when I was 19 and wore braces, they didn’t remove all the glue properly when they took them off. I wonder if this isn’t what been poisoning my system. I’ll be glad if they can burr it off. And while she’s at it, she can shine up my smile, lol.

Sudoku Score: 14:12, if my favour.

We got a new Kenny Rogers CD, and it’s become tradition to listen to it (or another CD) while we’re playing. And also to have snacks on the table. It’s a lot of fun. (Although when we get really competitive, there’s no time to eat, lol) That is probably why I chipped my tooth, by cramming a bite of toast in my mouth and eating too fast!
Last night we played for stakes. The loser (Michael) got the honour of doing the dishes.

I’ll probably go in on Monday for my cortisone drip. I’m only getting it for one day. I saw on the net that some PwMS are trying a monthly maintenance dose of a single shot, instead of waiting for a relapse and going for the big guns. My doctor is on board, and we’re going to try it. I do like my doctor, he’s very open to suggestion. He also looks like a teddy bear, which is nice.
The main reason I want to start on Monday is that my eyes are playing up, and I don’t want to take any chances there. Also, with my walking being awkward, my hips are getting more sore by the day. Don’t like that at all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope that taking the cortisone like this will help. You are really getting good with sodoku hey :) I play it online when I have the time...that is not often!

7:31 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I hope you are doing better Maggie.

Wishing you a happy Easter.

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home