Saturday, March 25, 2006

Blah di Blog

Today is the final episode of local dance-competition “Strictly Come Dancing”. The concept was that 8 local celebs (who have never danced ballroom before) team up with 8 profession dancers and have to learn how to dance (at performers level) in a matter of weeks. Each week, one of the couples has been voted off, leaving only the finalists. Can’t wait for tonight to see who will win. I think it will be Michelle Garforth and her partner, as the other two are much too showy.

It is also presented most entertainingly by the quirky Ian von Memerty, whose show, Captain Entertainment, I want to catch when it comes here in April.

I loved ballroom dancing sooo much when I was doing it (for about a year). As soon as my balance is recovered enough, I want to start again. That and riding my bicycle. They are the two things I miss the most that require balance and a bit of stamina. Still, it’s good to have a wish-list, as you never know what might happen, right?
Oh, and going for long and leisurely walks with Michael. I used to adore that. I love peeping into all the different gardens as we go past.

Tomorrow is my Sis-in-law’s birthday. I hope with all my heart that this will be a truly magnificent year for her.

My parents-in-law are doing so well on their weight-watchers diet. They are getting sexier by the day, the two of them!

I plan to spend hours reading my Gary Larson books tomorrow. I feel like a good laugh.
Also want to go and visit my parents.

I decided to give Batman Begins a skip. I’m very selective about what I watch these days. I’m giving up LOST as it is just too much to slog through one of those episodes. I can’t stand it anymore. Also local drama ‘Binnelanders’. It is just moving too slow for words. Surely there must be better stuff to watch and spend my time on.

Well, luckily there’s Strictly Come Dancing, and also showing tonight is Shirley Valentine, which I am finally going to watch (as recommended by Wenchy).

And there are always books. These days I would much rather read a book than watch TV, anyway.

I’m walking like an old man with gout. Not sexy at all! I guess I’m just overtired from our shopping trip. I think I must start eating lower G.I. as well. Better for energy levels.
I’ve decided that I’m only going to update my blog over weekends. It’s just too expensive going online all the time with a dial-up connection. That way, I’ll also have plenty of news saved up by the weekend, so I won’t have to waffle on about inconsequential crap, lol.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had "Dancing with the Stars" over here and it was good fun. Also, "Skating with Celebrities", where they paired up celebrities that had never skated with pros like Kurt Browning and Nancy Kerrigan. It's amazing how quickly those celebs can catch on to some of this stuff!

Shirley Valentine is a GREAT movie, you will love it!! Let me know how Batman Begins is, it's on my "to see" list.

8:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only update on weekends!? How will I survive that! LOL Makes sense though :)

7:00 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Hey babe -

Ian von Memerty is my all time favourite stage performer and like all his other shows, Captain Entertainment was fabulous!!!

Oh I love Shirley! She's my best.

You are gorgeous. Just so you know!

11:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home