Monday, March 13, 2006

Back

I’m back again. Had a really lovely weekend, apart from being as sick as the proverbial dog. Haven’t slept much all weekend, thanks to a grizzly cough. Seems to be getting better, though, touch wood.

My Michael is nearly home from the Cape, after completing a sub-four-hour Argus (cycle race). That is so impressive. I’m so very proud of him, and very glad that he’s safe and sound. I was a little worried on the day, as it was raining on and off. Not ideal conditions. Can’t wait to see him. Oooh! He just phoned to say that we are officially in the same town. I’ll be seeing him any minute now.

I went to the shops with my mom today. It was a bit of an ordeal, as I was coughing and snotting all over everything all the time, lol. I actually had a roll of toilet paper in my hand-bag, because tissues just can’t cope with the way my nose is running. Not very elegant at all.

I was very tired after the shopping trip. I could barely walk into the flat, luckily I had my walker with me. I’m not overly concerned about it, though, as it is the first time I’ve been out after having such a run-in with the flu. No wonder I’m as weak as a kitten.

I want to buy Freshly Ground’s CD. I am crazy about their music. And so in the mood for a new CD, anyway. And a new book. And a new item of clothing. And a new kitchen appliance… What can I say? I want to spend some money.

Speaking of books, I am enjoying Carol Matthews You drive me crazy SO much. I’m about halfway. Talk about therapy – I’m loving every minute of it.

Last night I watched Million Dollar Baby on TV. It was actually a really nice story, but I did find it very depressing. Keep thinking of it, though. It was quite beautiful. Mocashla. Actually, it was more terrifyingly than depressing. It dealt with something that I really find scarily amiss in the medical profession, i.e. keeping a person that is totally paralysed and dependent on a respirator alive against her will. That is surely a serious human rights violation. I mean, you wouldn’t even do that to an animal.

On that cheerful note, let me take myself off and have another hacking coughing fit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never did finish watching that. I fell asleeep. I hope you feel better soon. Seems like I'm getting the flu now

9:15 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I love reading your blog Maggie!

1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home