Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sunny skies make a welcome change today. I’ve done all our washing today, so that’s nice. I hate dirty laundry hanging around all over the place, heaping up and acting all irritating. Lol.

It looks like my mom and I won’t be going to Jo’burg anymore on Sunday. Part of me is glad about this, as now I will be able to attend Zander’s baptism, and also Christopher’s 3-D scan, if my slot hasn’t been filled already by someone else. I’m also glad because I was worried that my mom might strain her shoulder by driving so far. Her shoulder isn’t 100% right yet, and though she drives short distances, I was worried about the effect a long trip might have on it. So it might be best if we don’t go. Looks like I’ll just have to go to England sometime to meet my cuz!
I have to go to Jo’burg on Tuesday anyway, to see my neurologist. Maybe we could stop by and see my grandparents then.

I was planning on not voting in the elections tomorrow. Didn’t really feel like standing in the queues. Don’t know if I’m able to stand in the queues for that matter. My SIL mentioned that disabled people and pregnant woman get to go to the front of the line. But I still didn’t feel like it.
My mom gave me a pep-talk about it this morning though. About how a lot of people aren’t bothering to vote, and how we need to give some opposition, as the government is only as strong as it’s opposition. I didn’t think of it that way. She also mentioned how some women had to fight really hard to get us the vote in the first place. By then I felt pretty ashamed. I’m not very politically-aware. And that’s not something to be proud of. So I’ll be going along to do my duty and vote in tomorrow’s elections, along with other patriotic citizens.

I’m not feeling that great from all the rubbish I’ve been eating. It’s starting to catch up with me. Not anything specific, mind, just a general feeling of malaise. I ate better yesterday, though, and today so far. Gotta draw the line somewhere, I guess.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to vote. You make me proud. I'm SO glad you'll be at the baptism :) Yeah!!!!

7:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home