Sunday, February 26, 2006

Reflective Sunday.

Today was a really nice, restful Sunday. It rained on and off the whole day, and was quite chilly. Michael didn’t play golf, and we spent the day just hanging out and watching tv and eating junk-food. Positively idyllic!

My parents-in-law celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary today. Good for them, I say. They invited us over for pizza to celebrate (including the foccacia siciliana which I love). That was nice. We had a great visit. There was also some beer-tasting going on. My dad-in-law went to a special home-brew style beer-tasting event, and brought home some samples for the rest of us to taste. The others seemed to enjoy it. I simply cannot stomach beer, never could, so I didn’t have any. I used to love sipping the foam off my dad’s beer when I was a little girl, but I think I did it just because he let me. Can’t think that I liked the taste, even then.

My head-wound is lots better today.

Song playing: Twilight Time, by the Platters. Makes me think of when Mike and I were dating.

Funnily enough, I never call Michael ‘Mike’. And he never calls me ‘Maggs’ though all my friends do. Weird. But we do have a lot of pet names for each other, so I guess it’s all okay.

Update on my naughty iliac joint: it’s doing loads better. The improvement has been too slow to notice day to day, but when I took stock properly today, I realized I had much to be grateful for. I don’t have any pain anymore, and very little discomfort, even at night. I’m sleeping properly again. I’m just not quite as limber as I used to be yet. But I’ll sure that will come right, too. I’m very happy and grateful for this.

Also, I’m improving greatly in other areas of my health. My walking is going along fantastic. I never thought I’d ever be able to walk like this again. And it’s just improving every day. Still wobbly when I’m tired, though. The other day, I went into our fave Italian restaurant to collect our takeaway pizzas. The owner looked at me kinda askance, and spoke to me a bit weird, only perking up when Michael came in, too. I realized afterward that he probably thought I was drunk or something. I don’t actually care what he (or anybody else) thinks. But it did make me a little self-conscious. Still, I don’t have it in me to be offended, because I REALLY like their pizzas.

So we had the pizzas for lunch, followed by a slice of lemon-meringue pie. Followed by a slice (or three?) of banana-bread. Supper was ham and tomato toasts, with hash-browns and chips. And yoghurt and chocolate for dessert. Yip, we really went for it. And you know what? It was great, lol. What else are Sundays for, if not to totally annihilate your diet? Back on the wagon tomorrow, however.

I’m going to stay in bed sinfully late tomorrow morning and read book. I must say, we may not be absolutely rolling in the dough, but I have a pretty decadent lifestyle. I truly have everything I want, and more. One thing I’m looking forward to, and which should be in my reach soon, at this rate of recovery is riding my bicycle. I’ve missed being able to exercise. Plus it will be fun for M and I to ride together again. We used to love it.


And finally, the whole baby-issue: I did some self-analysis and realized that my life would not be incomplete without a child. I would love one, but I don’t need one to fill a void in my life. Definitely not. Fortunately, Michael feels the same way. We’re enjoying our lifestyle, and each other. Personally, I do see children in the future. If I were a betting woman, I would say that we’ll probably end up having one or two. Which will be great. But not necessary for our total and complete happiness. I guess time will tell, but we are deliriously happy, and that’s not about to change over a hypothetical issue. To reproduce, or not to reproduce, that is the question, as it were.Well, maybe we will and maybe we won’t. Que sera, whatever will be, etc.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Maggie, When I read about what makes you happy it makes me realize once again that happiness is in the little things... which really are the big things after all.

6:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so happy. This is just awesome. Thank you so much for my CD.

2:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home