Friday, February 10, 2006

10 Feb. Great date, isn't it?

What a gorgeous, gorgeous day! We wanted to do something special. Michael's suggestion, of course, was that we go to the golf course. I actually went along with this because, a) I'd be riding on a golf-cart, and I find it quite tranquil on the golf-course, and b) I couldn't come up with a better suggestion myself. What I wanted to do was sit and read Gary Larson all day long, but that would have been a bit anti-social on our anniversary, ha ha.
The golf was quite nice, I like sharing Michael's passion for it, and it was interesting to see the river that runs alongside the course as it is full almost to overflowing.
After the golf, we went and ate out at a very elegant restaurant which we haven't patronised before. The food was pretty good. I had a Crêpe Marnara (seafood pancake) which I thought was quite adventurous of me.
We spent the whole day eating rich food, but what else is an anniversary for.
We told each other loads of times what a good 5 years it's been, and what a good wife/husband we are.

The afternoon was spent with family. We took our godson to the park to practise his golf-swing, and then had ice-creams with my parents-in-law and nephews.
We also visited for a while at Mel & Tommie. Shame, my wish for Melany is that she gets some sleep tonight. Poor little Zander is feeling ill, so not much sleep is going on. He is looking so cute, he's gained quite a bit of weight, and doesn't looks so incredibly tiny anymore.

All in all, a very good day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was lovely having you guys over last night. Pity the best we had to offer was a slice of pizza!!!

11:23 am  
Blogger Maggie said...

Are you kidding? The pizza rocked!

11:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home