Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sweets for my sweet

My mom sent a box of marshmallow Easter Eggs back home with Annie, and told her that every time she eats one, she must remember that it is a little kiss from her mother. I thought that was so sweet.
So I spoke to Annie on the phone yesterday, and it turns out that one of the eggs was a lucky golden egg. She is now entered into the draw for R25 000. I do so hope that she wins it.
Interestingly enough, the government is trying to eradicate the word ‘Easter’ from all these products, as it is specific to one religion. So how the chocolate companies etc. get around this, is by calling the eggs “Feaster Time’, instead of Easter Time. I thought that was quite clever, if a bit scaly, lol.

I got a phone call from Taryn yesterday, much to me delight. She called to tell me that she got 25 out of 25 in her first ever mathematics test. That is one clever little girl. She was one of only a couple of kids that scored 100%. I’m so proud of her.

My dad will be swimming the Midmar Mile this weekend, which is the largest timed, open-water swimming-event in the world. I hope he enjoys it. My sister and family will be coming to visit from Mali, as her girls are also participating in the race. Can’t wait to see them.
M and I are finally going to hand in my firearm. Yay! As in now. I’m just waiting for him to come home for lunch and then we’re going. That’ll be one less thing to worry about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your dad has a great time at the race!!! Our fathers are still way active for their ages :)

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home