Thursday, February 02, 2006

Yummy!

I feel so blessed. Still, that is.
My ‘traveling pain’ as I’ve called it, finally seems to be abating. It’s not totally gone, but it is so much better that it’s hardly comparable. Life is just extra good lately.

We had a stunning lunch, courtesy of Michael’s parents. Though I must say, I’m so fond of them that I hardly think of them as in-laws anymore. Just ‘our’ parents, like everything else that M and I share. Same with my parents. We’re pretty lucky to have four parents. Anyway, our favourite restaurant closed down, much to everyone’s disappointment. So we went to another one. Also outdoorsy, at the local nursery. I haven’t been there for ages, because it’s a real trek from the parking-lot, through the nursery, till you get to the actual restaurant. But I was able to walk in and out of there, no problem. Some small steps for everyone else, but a giant leap for Maggie, lol.
I had a delicious omelette, and shared a Fudge Picasso for dessert with M. Yum and yum! (And Michael’s pretty yum himself, too).

The letter that I wrote our local newspaper about the fantastic service at the hospital that I went to, was published in today’s copy. I’m glad. Good service should be acknowledged.

Finished the book. Lovely. Even shed a little tear. ;-)

I’m so fond of all the people in my life. They’re all so nice to me. If you have your health, your basic needs (and maybe an extravagance here and there) are catered for, and you’re surrounded by people you love, I don’t see how much better life can get. And if it took a four-year long bout of ms to teach me that, then it was worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do love you lots and lots. We are blessed to have you in our lives

2:03 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Thanks so much, Mel.

10:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home