Thursday, February 02, 2006

G'day!

I’m actually on rations with the phone again, lol. Went a bit overboard earlier in the month.

I’m nearly finished reading Cathy Kelly’s Always and Forever. For some reason, I battled to get into the book, but now I’m enjoying it so thoroughly that I don’t want it to end.

King Arthur is showing on tv this morning. I want to watch it, as I do love the Arthurian legends, but there are just so many other things I want to do this morning. I think I should tape it and watch it over the weekend, when there is always a crap selection of tv.

We went to visit Mel and family last night. I hardly ever take the walker with me when I go out anymore. Michael holds my hand to steady me, and I’m fine. But when we got there, Quintus took this in and immediately came to meet us at the door and took hold of my other hand. I gave his little hand a squeeze, I do love that boy a lot. He is so perceptive it amazes me.
Then I also got to hold Zander for the first time. I will never volunteer to hold a tiny baby, but if someone does put him in my arms, I am instantly smitten, and totally enchanted. I did enjoy that. Michael also got a chance, but handed him back pretty pronto when he looked like he wanted to cry.
It was a lovely visit.

My parents-in-law are giving us a lounge-suit that presently resides in their office. It is really pretty, exactly what we would have chosen ourselves. Michael has been complaining for ages that he wants a set with a higher back so that he can actually rest his neck on it while watching tv. Like he says, the world is not made for tall people.

I read the most amazing story in my favourite magazine (which M brought home to surprise me with) about a woman without any legs who is expecting her second child. Her eldest is now six, and twice as tall as his mom. But what struck me most, apart from her immense courage, was the beautiful love story between her and her husband. They initially got to know each other over the phone and when they met, he immediately went down on his knees so that they were eye-level with each other. He said that he didn’t see a woman without legs, but a beautiful brunette that he had already fallen in love with over the phone. It’s probably one of the most truly romantic stories that I’ve heard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a truly romantic and wonderful story :) There are so few men like that in the world.

Again, thank you SO much for coming to visit last night and bringing me the banana bread especially.

Quintus even commented on you visiting without your walker. He is a special special little boy that.

I'll send the photos I took of you guys and Zander as soon as I have a moment to myself :)

11:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home