Monday, January 30, 2006

Modays aren't so scary

I had such a stunning weekend.

The visit with Taryn went brilliantly. Her and I spent most of the time beading, although we did watch most of Titanic in the background. She found my missing earring butterfly in about ten minutes, lol. I was so pleased. Definitely worth R5 for her services.
I was seriously looking forward to the pizza, but was determined that we would eat something healthy, too. So I outfoxed her by saying she had to eat her veggies (broccoli and marrows) and her salad (tomato and cucumber) before we even opened the pizza box. Which she did. Me too. I wanted to be quite full before I even started with the pizza, so that I didn’t gobble up the whole box like I normally do. I actually only had four slices before I was full. Ta and I made short work of the cinnamon and chocolare Scoot-o’s which were delicious.
We stopped off for ice-creams (a KFC avalanche) when we took her home. I had a taste of Michael’s, which was nice. All in all, a very nice day.

Then I went to visit my mom and dad, and slept over Sat. night. Had such a nice time there. They looked so pleased to see my walking around the place. It couldn’t have been easy for them when I was so sick.
It’s actually a nice compromise. I get to spend quality time with my parents, and Michael gets to play all the golf he wants without feeling guilty about me sitting at home. I love our life.

Yesterday, after M came to fetch me, I decided I wanted something sweet to round off my naughty weekend. So I popped into the café (by myself, without the walker, while M waited in the car!) Nearly bought a slab, with the idea being to eat one or two blocks a day. Then I thought, YEAH RIGHT. Whatever. So I bought a tiny little Bar-One (45g) In my previous existence I didn’t even know they made them that small. But it turned out to be just right. I only wanted that chocolatey taste and a bit of a nibble.Since I’ve started this whole thing of not ‘denying’ myself anything, I’m just making way smarter choices. I think my problem, previously, was that I made such an issue about my healthy diet, and felt like a bit of a martyr. I finally seem to have struck a happy balance.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend.

11:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I like your blog. You have done a good job with organising it. I have had an enjoyable read. Keep it up.

Regards
Beading Craft Resource.

6:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home