Friday, January 27, 2006

The weekend, she is here1

Ten Things Life Is:

Beauty, admire it

A dream, realize it

An adventure, dare it

Luck, make it

A struggle, accept it

A game, play it

A challenge, meet it

A duty, complete it

A promise, fulfill it

Life is life, fight for it

Source: Sunday Times Magazine

I thought that was nice, thought-provoking, etc. Tore it out of the magazine, but didn’t really know what to do with it, lol, till I got the idea to put it on my blog.

I hate cell-phone disturbance on the computer while I’m working on it. It really gets my goat. (I’m trying to clean up my language a bit, otherwise I’d say it p*sses me off) Don’t know why this irritates me so much but it really does.

I had another quantum leap with my walking today. I actually left home without my walker, and managed fine without it. I still haven’t lost the feeling of being blessed every second of the day. I hope I never do.

Today the traveling pain is in my knees. I wonder what are the chances that it’ll give me a break tomorrow. I can only hope.

Tomorrow, Taryn is coming to visit me. I can’t wait. Her and I are going to (in no particular order): Watch Titanic, order (and consume) pizza, make something with beads, and make Ta a CD with the song ‘Find Me Somebody to Love’ by Queen on it, which she loves. I’m also going to offer her R5 if she can find my earring’s butterfly that I lost in our bedroom. Might as well make use of those sharp little eyes.

I’ve decided I’m going to have some pizza tomorrow. I promised myself that I was through denying myself anything. And so far, I haven’t felt like anything junky, but I really feel like having some pizza tomorrow with Taryn. I’m looking forward to it a lot. We’re ordering from Scooters pizza, and they have these delectable-looking ‘Scoot-o’s’, which according to the ad are fluffy little doughballs ‘baked to golden perfection’ with a choice of either cheese with a garlic dip, or cinnamon with a chocolate dip. I think I’ll stick myself for some of those too, lol. Weekend, here I come. (I will try to operate in moderation, of course!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you left home without the walker! That's just awesome. I can't say how happy I am for you!! I hope you and Taryn have an awesome time

1:43 pm  
Blogger Nan said...

Love the poem!

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home