Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hope I'm not responsible for starting this tradition...

May I introduce the Ingratitude Journal, because there it nothing as therapeutic as a bit of bitch. Ha ha.

Ingratitude Journal:

*This cold/flu has a grip on me. Didn’t sleep well last night, and spent the whole morning in bed. Still, at least I am in a position where I can spend the whole morning in bed. Also, I was just ripe for a cold (which is mother nature’s way of detoxing the body, btw) due to all the junk food I’ve been burdening my body with these past four months. So onward from here.
*The pain vacillates from my right hip to my left one. It’s like a freaking traveling circus. Very uncomfortable today. I guess I should be glad that it’s not in both hips at the same time.
*I’m losing weight, which I’m not keen on. Don’t like being skinny. It’s just as unsexy as being chubby, which people don’t seem to understand.
*There was something else I wanted to gripe about, but for the life of me, I can’t remember.
*Two days ago, I went to buy my expensive monthly vitamins. They really are pricey, but definitely worth it. Anyway, I get an sms now from the company that the very two products I always buy are on special till end of the month. 50% off the one. About R45. Talk about your timing!

And now for the more traditional Gratitude Journal.

Gratitude Journal:

*My sis-in-law Jannette is expecting another little girl. I am so, so happy for her! I’m also happy that her and I are such good friends.
*I can walk! I’m just doing better every day.
*My mom came to visit, and she was overjoyed at how my walking has improved. We had a lovely visit, and she brought me my vit.C that I left at her house. That should help matters.
*I’m feeling better now than I did this morning.
*I’m going to have my Ginger Crunchie biscuits that I bought at the health shop for tea this afternoon. Now that I don’t exacerbate from heat anymore, I can finally have a nice cup of Rooibos tea, which I have sorely missed all these years.
*The Weakest Link is showing tonight, lol.
*The suspicious-looking new mole on my arm that I thought I’d have to have removed turned out to be nothing more than a bit of glue from the plaster they had on over the drip at the hospital. Phew, relief! Although I do feel a bit blonde about it, lol.

Annie won’t be coming to visit this weekend after all. She has a gala at the school to attend. How cool is that. I can just see her sitting on the pavilion with the other teachers. She says she’ll try and make it next weekend though.

I just had my tea and biscuits, while reading a book, and I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed it. It’s been literally years!

I also had a couple of slices of my ‘health’ bread with some tomato and black pepper on. It was so nice. Commercial bread has become very bland-tasting, and this bread has a pleasant full-bodied flavour. Very yum. It had better be after what I paid for it. Let’s just say that I wouldn’t be able to afford it more than one a month, lol.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that flu/cold thing will be over soon. It's not nice to have a cold in the middle of summer!
Same with the hip pain..time for it to go now :)
I love it when you are home and updating your blog regularly.

7:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to laugh like crazy reading about this strange new mole... that turned out to be piece of glue:))))
Oh, how wonderful to read still better and better news from you. It really makes me so happy.

9:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep eating those biscuits and bread and you won't be losing any more weight!! Mmmmm ginger biscuits and tea sound SO good.

Glad to hear you're still improving :)

5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home