Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yet another great day, what's going on, lol.

Today has been great so far.

I did develop a head cold, but it is very mild and I’m not feeling that bad. If I can get off so lightly with this bug then I’ll be glad.

Also my hips/ back are definitely doing better than they were. Look, they’re still uncomfortable and sore, but the trend seems to be that it is getting better. Yay!

We went to a couple of shops during lunch. I was actually able to go in by myself (although I still use the walker for confidence) and Michael could stay in the car and listen to the cricket on the radio. I can’t tell you how good it felt. I went to the little health shop that we have here (which is my favourite shop, I think) and bought some ginger biscuits, which I have been craving for ages and a nice Essene bread, which I have always wanted to try. My walker was more of a liability than anything else, lol. I was carrying it, and an armful of purchases. But I still like having it around.

Then we went to my in-laws. Quintus (5) commented on how good my walking is looking, I thanked him and said that soon I’d be throwing my walker away. He looked horrified, and said, “No! Don’t do that. Just now when you grow old you fall and break your leg like your granny did, and then you’ll need your walker.”
I was amazed. He must have heard about my gran in the conversation. He is such a perceptive little boy.
Also, he loved opening and closing my walker for me, and helping me out with it. A real little gentleman.

I just have to look sharp or my running nose will drip on my keyboard, lol. Not sure if Mike will like that.

My mom babysat for her littlest granddaughter this morning, and is so taken with her, and what a good girl she was. And how beautiful she is. She has these amazing blue eyes that are almost almond shaped. My mom thinks she will be a dancer, because she loves music and is always pointing her toes. I can’t wait to see Aiden again, myself. I’ve missed so much of her first year through being ill, I’ll have to make up for lost time.

Prison Break is starting on tv tonight. Think I may give that a try, after all the hype there’s been about it.

********************************************************************************
I spent about half an hour cleaning our keyboard, which was looking very grubby. It looks so nice now, I feel such a sense of achievement, ha ha.

Unfortunately, I’m feeling a bit worse for wear as far as the head cold is concerned. Not that lekker, actually. I only hope this is its swan song.
*********************************************************************************
Ooh, my back is so sore now, and I can’t lie down because then the post-nasal drip makes me feel awful. This cold is overstaying its welcome. I’m still happy though, lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Maggie, just wanted to let you know I stopped by. Hope that cold is short term.

5:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that cold puts on it's tekkies and run away! :) I'm glad you are still feeling so well. But I'm not expecting anything less :)

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home