Monday, January 02, 2006

My leg is feeling kinda better. Still don’t know if I’ll get away without seeing the chiro again, but at least I’m not in agony if I try and put weight on it.

I’ve finally run out of resolutionary steam, ha ha. And no sign yet of actually keeping the one’s I’ve made, but the year’s young, I’ll cut myself some slack. I don’t really feel as though the year has actually started until my birthday is past, anyway. My own personal new year. I was convinced that it was on Thursday, but it’s actually on Wednesday. Yay! M is going to take the day off and we’re going to paint the town red as far as my sore leg will allow. We’ll definitely go eating out, which because of my four year long diet still serves as major entertainment in my book.
I always try and get value for money where my birthday is concerned. I’m still trying to think of some other stuff that I can get away with because it’s my birthday. I think that will be my project for today. ;-)
I just heard that the new season of Weakest Link will start on my B-day. I love the WL. I’ve been watching all the re-runs that they’ve been showing on weekdays. It’s the best people watching that you can do. I think in a stressful situation like that, one’s true colours tend to come out. I think you hit your name with a plank if you go on that show, even if you win. Which is why it’s so entertaining to watch.

My back is burning like I’ve run a marathon. Which I haven’t, I can assure you, lol. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it’s off to Chiro I go…

I’ve just completed my first medium difficulty Sudoku puzzle. There was stiff competition between Mike and I over you’d be able to finish the first medium level one. So that feels quite nice. See, nice year, I told you. For those of you who don’t know about the Sudoku craze, visit www.sudokushack.com

My sis has arrived at my parents house. She is staying till Saturday. Tomorrow, our domestic worker is coming to clean our hovel, and I’m hoping to get an appointment at the chiro’s for twelve, but after that I hope to visit with my sussie. Also, my favourite goddaughter will be visiting there too, and I’ve just been missing her like crazy and can’t wait to see her. My poor dad. He forever has a house full of females to contend with, and precious little male companionship. No wonder he’s always so happy to see Michael.

Had a lovely visit with Melany today. We’re getting tired of being golf widows on our own. So when the two men decided (in the rain) to go play golf, I hitched a ride over, and we had the loveliest visit. I don’t think we stopped talking once for 5 hours. She is very cool to talk to. The men had an excellent round of golf (despite the rain), which is always good, because if Papa Bear is happy, then everyone’s happy!

Loving the new year, I must say!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Hi Maggie, glad to see you surface again, and glad you are feeling somewhat better.
You must be super smart to do the medium difficulty Sudoku puzzle. It's good you have competition. I received a Sudoku game for Christmas from my niece because she knows I enjoy the puzzles. I'm still on the easy and rarely ever stick with it until the end. It takes me forever!

I watched America's Top Model marathon and they went to South Africa so I was very interested knowing you lived there. It is absolutely gorgeous!

11:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maggs. I forgot about those puzzles!!! I should really go have a look. I know I'll love them.
I'm also glad the men enjoyed their golf...makes life at home good LOL Thanks again for the lovely visit

8:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Maggie!!!!!!! All the best for you!!!!!!!!! I hope this year will bring you only good days! You are real hero and inspiration for so many people, you definitely deserve all the best! I wish you all your dreams comming true!

10:41 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!!

12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! Glad to see your leg is a bit better, I hope that trend continues. Have a great birthday!

5:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Maggs!

2:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home