Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Merry Christmas

It’s been rather a nice week, apart from a few minor troubles, which I will discuss later, no worries.
*We’re having plenty of rain, which is lovely. It’s so nice to feel cool in December.
*Mel’s rash is much better. I’m so glad about that.
*I’ve stuck to my diet for three whole days. Yay! Didn’t put a foot (or a taste-bud) wrong.
*To balance out all the day-time tv I’m watching, I’m busy reading a classic. ‘Of Mice and Men’ by Steinbeck. That looks so wrong, I hope I have his name right. You know, he also wrote ‘The Pearl’, and ‘The Grapes of Wrath’. That dude. It’s pretty good. Only 98 pages, but quite intriguing. And it’s making me feel better about all the 7de Laan I’ve been watching, lol. Soap-operas are just so obvious. You feel like your intelligence is being insulted continuously. Which is why it’s nice to read some actual ‘literature’, because half the time it’s so obscure that you feel quite good about yourself that the author thought you were intelligent enough to understand half of his ramblings (even though you don’t have a cooking clue what he’s on about most of the time). Maybe I should just go back to reading my tabloid magazines, lol.
*I love my hubby sooooo much!
*Spoke to my sis-in-law and goddaughter on the phone today. I miss them a lot, haven’t seen the family in ages. My littlest niece is growing up so fast, learning to walk and talk, and I’m MISSING it. I have to make a plan.
*My sister has decided to call her baby boy ‘Christopher’ when he’s born. I absolutely LOVE that name. They said they’re going to ask M and I to be godparents. Yay. I do love being a godmother. I can’t wait to meet the little chap.
*We’re still waiting to hear what the gender of my sis-in-law’s babe is. She’s not quite finished her first trimester. Judging by their other two kids, the latest arrival can only be completely adorable and gorgeous.
*Little Zander (Mel’s babe) is also doing fine. He was just a little zonked out from the meds that Mel has to take for her rash.
*Baby sis is coming down for Christmas. So at least half the tribe will be here for Christmas. With 6 kids in the family, it’s a bit hard to synchronize Christmasses so that we’re all together.
*Still can’t decide whether I’m having a relapse or not. But IF I am, it is moving MUCH slower than the last one did, which is progress. Believe me!
*M is a bit stressed out from work (and his demanding wife, lol) due to the pre-Xmas rush. He’s thinking of going to visit his brother and family between Christmas and New Year. I won’t be able to go with (more about that later), which I am sad about, but I don’t want to keep holding him back. He’s been wanting to visit them for ages, and he may not get another chance again in a hurry, due to work. I told him he can go without me, as long as he’s back in time for my birthday.

Now for the minor troubles that I mentioned earlier. I’m in AGONY with my knee. I want to (and do) cry out in pain when I put weight on it. I can’t handle the stairs in our flat anymore. The knee just isn’t getting a chance to heal, because I keep straining it.
So I’m going to my parents tomorrow to see if I can’t get some (lots of) bed rest with it. If it doesn’t get better in say, three days time, I’ll have to go to the doc. Brilliant timing, as usual.
It’s my mom’s birthday tomorrow, so I’d like to spend the day with her anyway. She is supposed to be resting her shoulder, so we can keep each other company. The wheel chair I use is over there, too, so I won’t have to walk at all. Here’s hoping it gets better.
Only thing is, we had plans to spend X-mas day with M’s family. But if my knee is still in this shape I don’t think I’ll be able to go. I find their house very inaccessible at the best of times, with my walker. And I can’t like the idea of being carried in there like a piece of freight. I just hope my leg is better by then, otherwise I’m staying at my parents. They won’t be home, as they have made reservations to eat out, so I might be in for a lonely Christmas. Hope not, though.
Anyway, I won’t be home again till I can actually climb the stairs to my bedroom, however long that might take, so let me just say: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Just in case.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Maggie!! I hope your knee gets better at your mom's and you're able to enjoy your original Christmas plans. Hell, let yourself be carried up the stairs, it's Christmas!! As long as you don't eat so much you can't be carried back down. Heh. Have a good one xo

6:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope your knee heals up so that we can see your for Christmas. I would hate for you to spend Christmas alone at your folks home!!!
Reading about Zander brought me to tears. I'm so emotional LOL must be because there are only 23 days left. Can you believe that!?

Say HI to all of your family from me

7:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home