Monday, December 05, 2005

Our Tree!

My wish came true! It rained today. It was so lovely. Nice and cool, and with that lovely fresh, crisp rain smell.
Actually an all-round not too bad day. I felt a bit better today. Definitely more perky, emotionally. I got phone calls from my mom, dad, sister and sister-in-law, which was very nice. I do love talking on the phone. It is one of my favourite things to do. I hate making business calls though, and despise speaking on answering machines

Got v. bad news though. The caretaker of the flats we stay came to ask if we’d mind if they cut down our tree. Mind?? We love that tree. It is an Umbrella tree, and one of the reasons we don’t want to move. It blocks the sun from our bedroom in the Summer, and in the Winter it obligingly loses all its leaves so that we get the winter sun. It is beautiful.
So I told him.
“We’re very fond of the tree,” I said, in clipped tones.
Then he told me some bullsh*t story about how it’s pushing the wall over and the owner doesn’t want damage to the building.
The tree is nowhere near the wall!
Frankly, this guy creeps me out a bit. Anyway, he said he’ll discuss it with the owner and come back to me. I just hope I don’t wake up to the sound of a chain-saw sometime soon! But then we’re moving! M and I have had enough of this place. New neighbours have moved in and they seem to be worse than the previous crowd. They have at least four kids, and at least two dogs, that we’ve seen already. They keep one of the dogs locked up in the garage, and it howls all day. I don’t know who I feel more sorry for – the dog or myself!

Diet: not bad at all. I’m beating the chocolate monster. I’ve had three choc free days already, lol.

I really want to watch a movie called Jean de Florette. (I’m sure I’m spelling this wrong, but anyway). It was the topic of conversation in the chelating room, lol. Everyone saying how it changed their life etc. etc. And I do like Gerard Depardieu.
What else? Must research new MS drug called N-code or encode or something like that. Got tipped off this morning, lol. Also, I need to order serrapeptase from the states. I haven’t been able to find it in SA. I’ve been a bit reluctant to order from overseas, but I don’t want to wait anymore. Apparently this stuff is marvelous, and all natural to boot. I waxed lyrical big time about it on dear departed (who btw is actually no longer dear departed), so I won’t go into it all again. Except that it comes from silkworms (uggh!) and sounds fantastic. Some people with ms have had v. good results, some none at all. This is typical of ms, what works for the one, won’t necessarily work for the other. But there are no side-effects, so I’m keen to try it. Wonder how long it will take to actually get here, though.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That chocolate you haven't eaten the past three days?? I ate it for you, so the world is all balanced out, no worries. Someone sent me an email about Serrapeptase recently... I must look into it further myself. No harm in trying almost anything once, it's all so hit and miss with MS!

10:32 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

LOL, Donna! It reminds of that episode of Friends, where Phoebe (the vegetarian) got a craving for meat while she was pregnant, so Joey offered not to eat meat for the duration of her pregnancy so that no extra cows need die.

11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They want to cut down that tree!!! NNNNOooooooooo they can't!!!! I really really hope they don't.

When it started raining I thought of you. Just knew you would love it :) I'm glad you had a better day yesterday

5:49 am  
Blogger Nan said...

Chain yourself to the tree! Just kidding. But I truly hope they change their minds about cutting it.

We had a wooded area that was beautiful at one of our previous homes. They decided to cut and bull-doze all the trees. It looked like a big ugly scar when they were through. The air wasn't even as cool afterward. Trees are so important to our health.

3:05 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I hate talking on the phone.

10:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home