Sunday, December 04, 2005

Gatvol!

For non-South African readers, 'gatvol' means fed-up. It's actually a none too delicate way of putting it in Afrikaans, but it's as much a part of our heritage as The Springbok Rugby Team. In fact, the two are often mentioned together in the same sentence, lol!

Why am I gatvol? I feel crap, that's why. I feel like I'm sickening for something.
Wait, let me just fall about laughing hysterically at that one!
What I mean is that I feel like I'm getting flu, or a cold.
I think it's just a combination of the chellating chemicals and the beta-inteferon injections that I'm taking. It's so hot here too, which isn't helping matters. There is a heat-wave inching it's way across the country.
It's only 10:12pm and I'm knackered. Normally I last until about 1:30am, at least, before I go to bed. Phew! It's too hot to go to bed, though. But our room is lovely and cool, I don't know what I'm doing sweltering in the computer room like this. The fan is on and there's a lovely breeze coming in the window. I should really go to bed and just sleep it off. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
I seem to remember a similar feeling the last time I went for chellation (way over a month ago). I felt bad the next day. In fact, we dubbed it 'Black Thursday'! And the good news is I did recover from that, so there's hope!
I didn't eat badly at all today. Turned down my favourite cupcakes in all the world. I'm very proud of that. The thing is, I feel especially motivated because today it is exactly a m onth to go before my birthday. So I figured I'd eat really, really healthy till then, so that I can feel halfway decent on my birthday. One can only hope, lol.
I think I'm going to take it ultra easy this week. I'm not going to go out once, if I can help it. I'll just read book and listen to music all week long. A little retreat, if you will. And continue eating well, of course.
My legs have been so stiff today I hardly knew what to do with myself. I've lost count of the number of times I've almost fallen (thankfully, I didn't) and also the number of times I had to pee. Like my sister says, I've got a cheap Japanese bladder. (Cracks me up every time, lol)
I'm just going to have to take it easy with the phone this week. I tend to go balistic on the phone during the first half of the month, and then I have to place myself on rations for the second half, to even things out. Unfortunately, that includes internet, as we still (horrors of horrors) have a dial-up connection. So don't expect too many posts from me till next weekend :-)

I changed my user-pic again. I couldn't stand that other one any more, and replaced it with the current one. Even though it's outdated (taken in April this year) it reminds me of happier times. My hair was still long (why did I cut it! lol) I still wore make-up and I was much healthier.

This is a bit of a moody post. I've got a feeling I've PMS on top of everything else. Like I always say, I can cope with MS and PMS, but not on the same day!
Gee, but I hope it rains tomorrow. I could do with a bit of rain.
I think I will go to sleep now, and just hope that things are better in the morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Maggie, I was glad you stopped by my blog. I'm so sorry you are feeling so terribly bad.

I remember those PMS days. They were the pits. And to couple it with MS. . .well, I can't even imagine. You are in my prayers.

4:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least your hope for rain is coming true!!!

Do take it easy this week. Let me know if you need anything...I may not be able to travel but I know people..who knows people LOL

I love the new user pic

12:25 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I also love your new user pic.

Maggie - you truly are an inspiration to me.

PS. I am also wishing for rain!

7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home