Sunday, December 11, 2005

I do love Sundays

Yesterday, I felt quite a bit better. Hit my usual low mid-afternoon, but it was not a bad day. Also, I started taking my proteolytic enzymes, which help to break down proteins during digestion. There is a theory that ms is caused by a leaky gut. This basically translates to a stomach membrane that is too permeable and allows proteins through into the blood that are too large and not properly broken down. This, in turn, irritates the immune system, as it battles to differentiate between the foreign protein and it's own bodily protein. It then goes on an anihilating spree, flattening any suspicious looking protein, including it's own. Does that sound feasible? I think there may be a grain of truth in it, which is why I'm taking the enzymes, which help digest the proteins.
I've never displayed any symptoms of a leaky gut, though. I found out that you can go for a blood-test to determine whether you have one, which may not be a bad idea.
I might buy some colostrum from the health shop. That apparently heals up a leaky gut, if you have one. It is bovine colostrum. Mind you, there are so many pregnant women in my family that I could probably buy a tot of it from one of them, lol.
Does it sound like I'm clutching at straws? Maybe, but great discoveries have been made by accident and through perserverance.

That was yesterday.
Today, I'm not feeling so good.
My legs are very, very stiff, and I'm walking like Frankenstein's monster. But now I really don't know if it's a relapse or if it's just the injections buggering me around.
Thing is, when I do have a relapse, I can't tell from day to day if it's getting worse. Only from week to week. It's moves very stealthily. And Christmas is looming, too. I'd love to have it sorted out one way or the other by then.
Thankfully, my eyes have not been affected. But if they are, then I'm taking action. The only reason that I'm able to cope at all is because I can read and work on the computer.

I read yesterday about a guy who had stem cell replacement for his ms. It always sounded so appealing to me. Not anymore. The things that poor dude went through! No way can I do that.
It sounds pretty experimental still, and there was an 8% fatality rate! Uh-uh.

I would love to go visit my parents today. Don't really feel up to it, but I really need to see them. When M comes home from his golf, I'll ask him to take me.
He really is my pillar of strength. I don't know what I'd do without him. I always said when I was a teen that my ideal guy would have a great semse of humour. That took precedence over everything else.
Well, Michael is the funniest guy I've ever met. We really 'get' each other's (sick) humour.
Plus he's really good-looking. And kind and caring. And my best friend and favourite guy in the whole world.
(I hope he reads this, I could score some serious brownie points, lol)
He has the greatest analogies on life (usually gleaned from the golf course, lol) And he's so clever.
Not that I'm Einstein, or anything, but it must be so tedious to have to explain everything to your life partner the whole time. I just feel like we're on the same wave-length.
Not with computers, though. He's always explaining things to me there!

50 First Dates is showing on TV tonight. I've seen it before but I really loved it. Can't wait to see it again. And King of Queens is always worth a good giggle, too. I'll need that tonight, because I have to bloody inject again. My skin is starting to get irritated from it. Actually I'm starting to get irritated with it! I was all for it when it was actually working! But now I'm not so sure.

I guess I better go wash my hair if I still want to go visiting today. Ithink I'd better. It will be the first time that I've left the flat since last Sunday. No wonder I'm starting to get so cranky. I've obviously got cabin fever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home