Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ain't nothing gonna breaka my stride...

I’m having a funny week. One moment I’m as happy as a pig in sh*t, the next I’m in a bit of a fouler. I’m not moody as such. It’s just that things keep happening. Like right now my right knee is excruciatingly painful. I have no idea why, I guess I must have strained the ligament. It’s been like this for a couple of days. I think I should spend the day in bed to give it a rest, or it won’t get better.

I’m up and down like a yo-yo at this point in time. I seriously can’t make up my mind whether I’m having a relapse or not. Some days I’m convinced that I am, and other days I’m convinced that I’m not. Today is an in between day, because a) I’ve hurt my knee, so I can’t really judge how the walking is going because it’s too sore to put weight on it, and b) my eyes seem to be a bit hazy, which is not a good sign at all. (Updated to add: my eyesight did improve a lot after I cleaned my glasses, though, lol.)
The jury is still out on this one. I just hope I don’t end up spending Christmas in hospital, hooked up to a drip. I’m trying to stall going for the cortisone as long as possible. My GP and Neuro told me that if you take it too often, you get other complications. No thanks! Hopefully I can make it to the new year, at least.


My sis-in-law is going through a rough spot. She is 8 months pregnant, and has developed an awful allergic rash, which is very worrying, as she is feeling faint, and the baby is inactive when the rash is bad. This must be very stressful for her. I hope they get it sorted out soon for her.

My mom has a ‘frozen shoulder’ which means that there is a small section in her shoulder that has calcified and is causing her a great deal of pain. Thankfully, she is doing much better already, after the meds the doc gave her.

Michael gashed his head open this afternoon on the bracket of our security door. It bled a lot and I’m quite worried about it. We did clean it up, and I don’t think it’s too deep.

Now for the good news, lol.

One of my oldest and dearest friends came to visit me today. We’ve been friends since we were both six. She and her mom popped by briefly and she gave me a Christmas present – the sweetest little pair of pj’s. I loved seeing her mom, as I am very fond of her. I often had sleep-overs at their house growing up. Her mom told me I look beautiful, which was nice, as I didn’t have a scrap of make-up on and still have the remnants of my little hormonal/ junk-food break-out.
When they left, she told me again that I’m looking so good, better even than at the Matric Farewell. “But I didn’t look that hot at the matric farewell, none of us did,” I countered.
“I thought I didn’t look so bad,” my friend said.
This is true, she looked absolutely beautiful. I, on the other hand, would have looked all right if my hair hadn’t been blow-waved and sprayed into a very unsexy, rigid helmet. My dress was exquisite, though. My granny made it for me.

I had a good injection tonight. In fact, it was so painless I wasn’t sure if the needle actually went in, until I saw the puncture mark. I also got to take a myprodol, which should help my knee, I’m thinking. I hope I’m not hooked on myprodols by now, as I take one every second day, with the injections. One is only supposed to take them for four weeks at a stretch, and I’m heading for the three month mark. Oops! But at this stage it’s the least of my worries.

I got a nice phone-call last night from a girl who was in my class at high-school. I saw her in town the other day, for the first time in 7 years. She took my number, but I was so surprised when she phoned. We weren’t especially close, but we had a great chat. She phoned to say merry X-mas before she goes on holiday. It actually left me with a lovely warm feeling. It really is the people that make life special.

Silly bit of information that popped into my head today: if I hadn’t been called Margaret (Maggie) then it would have been Heidi (my dad’s choice) or Bronwyn (my mom’s choice). As it is, I was named after my granny. I’m the youngest in a looooong line of Margarets. My granny is known as ‘Peggy’, though. And my aunt is known as ‘Margie’.

Counting my blessings:

*I have a great family.
*I have a very supportive and loving husband.
*I have really great friends.
*I have a (fairly attractive) roof over my head.
*I am well-fed, LOL
*I’m not called Heidi, lol. (Only joking, I’m a big Heidi fan).
*I have a sense of humour that’s seen me through some tough times.
*I’m blessed by being strong, emotionally. I think if I wasn’t I’d be stark, raving mad by now.
*I’m fortunate enough to be on a disability pension.


That’s eight blessings already, and I’m not even trying, lol.

*I’m blessed with a love for books and music, so when I end up confined to the house I am well able to entertain myself.
*I am quite doted on by my family. I don’t know what I’d do without them.
*This time last year, I had a bladder-infection. I remember, because it was over Christmas. So now I can really appreciate not having one. On the contrary, my cheap Japanese bladder is in the best shape it’s been in for ages.
*I’ve been married to my sweetheart and soulmate for nearly five years, and things just keep getting better. In the words of TOYOTA: Everything keeps going right.


Okay, that’s enough blessings for now.

Can I make a list of whinges? Oh right, I already did. For the past three posts, ha ha.


Anyway, must go to sleep now. After all, I have to be up at 10am to watch The Weakest Link. Hahahahaha!
I am excited about tomorrow. I just know it’s going to be a lovely day.


PS - Thanks for bearing with me when I was down in the dumps.

PPS - It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

And last, but certainly not least, I am officially back on my diet. I ate really well today. Yesterday we had take-aways (KFC) but that because Michael simply had to have the free CD that they were advertising for the family feast. And it would have been churlish for me not to join him, lol. But he's gotten it out of his system now, and we have made a pact to be help each other eat right!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you!!! I need to make a plan to see you this week. I finished those two books I bought and want to bring them around to you.
Thanks for being worried about me. I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow (he was on holiday)
I do hope this is not a relapse and if you are stuck in hospital over Christmas, we'll make sure it is your most special one yet. Like Tommie said about me maybe being there having Zander - we can always unplug the Christmas tree and take it there ! LOL
I hope your mom feels better soon!!!

3:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KFC is the devil!!! Do you have the Spicy Big Crunch sandwiches over there? Oh my. I think they're only, oh, 20 points, if you're doing Weight Watchers. Which you're not and never will be, so why did I even bother telling you lol

I hope you and your entire family are in better health over Christmas! You have a great list of blessings there. And I was going to be Pamela Sue!!! Ew. No offence to any Pamela Sue's reading, but, ew.

4:14 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

.. and what is the CD like??? LOL

7:16 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Haven't listened to CD much. Guess it's all right. We built this city, Toto's Africa, I feel the earth move...thay sort of thing.

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home