Sunday, January 01, 2006

More resolutions. Man, but I love this time of year!

Update on knee:
Better than yesterday, although it is starting to rev up again. I think I may have hurt it again when I bathed. I'm thinking that I will have to go to the chiropractor again on Tuesday. It's not nice.

Michael is snoozing on the bed next to the computer, which is in our spare bedroom. I think he needs to catch up on some sleep, so I'm not disturbing him, especially as he plans on waking up at 1am to watch the Aussie/SA cricket. My sports-mad hubby! I like to see him catching up on some R&R because he leads a pretty fast-paced life. If he's not at work, he's on the golf-course or out cycling. And at home, he's take over most of the domestic chores, includng the shopping. So it's good to see him catching some Zzzzzzz's.

I want to cut my hair this week. Just can't decide how short I want to go. Short bob, or total boy-style crop? Because it's a brand new year, I'm tempted to do the latter. But it takes so long to grow back. On the other hand, though, it's deliciously easy to wash.

My sister, Annie, is coming to visit for a week before her new job as a music teacher starts. It is going to be so great catching up with her. Can't wait.

More resolutions:
*I want to go on a juice fast. This is much less of a big deal than a total water fast, during which one actually feels quite awful and hardly sleeps at night. The juice approach is much more gentle. There are fancy clinics in Europe, such as the Gerson clinic, where one can book in and do a juice fast. My budget doesn't quite stretch to that, so I'll do a DIY version. Basically, you make yourself fresh fruit and veggie (such as carrot) juices about 5 or 6 times a day. That is all you consume, no solids. This has cured such biggies as cancer, so I'd like to give it a shot for my little problem, ha ha. I did it once for 9 days, and I felt a sight better, let me tell you. But this time round, I'd like to do it for longer. I'll just wait till my birthday's past, because there's no way I'm doing a fast of any kind on my birthday. Well, maybe a choclate and pizza fast. That'll do me. (And no, that does not mean I abstain from them, lol)
*I must tint my lashes and brows so that I look a bit more presentable. But I think I'll wait until my leg isn't thrbbing with pain before I do that. Maybe I'll try and synchronise it with my drastic hair-cut. M won't know whats happened. I must be feeling better than I thought to be caring what I look like again, lol. Funny old world.
*Maybe I'll give learning Tswana another bash this year. That was one of my resolutions for last year, but somehow I never got around to it. Mmmmm.

I feel like another of those Choc-caramel ice-creams. Maybe I should start my diet after my birthday, which is on Thursday. But no, here I go again. Some things never change!
But that McFlurry tastes like Cadbury's milktray over ice-cream. It's virtually irresistable...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't start with that ice-cream!!! I'm going to miss your long hair! :) I was thinking of tinting my eye lashes too. I've never done that. I want to try and go and have my nails, hair done before Zander is born..wanna look pretty for my little boy :) OH when you are on the fruit fast, we have to make orange and carrot juice! :)

1:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, look at you go with the resolutions. Mine is simply to start a gratitude journal and I'll make the rest up as I go, working on myself being a top priority! My juice fast lasted 4 days haha I got a brand new juicer for Christmas, much bigger than my old one, so I'll have to try again this year!

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home