Thursday, December 22, 2005

Update on knee and thank you to friends

My knee is still pretty sore. It used to be okay in the morning and get progressively worse during the day. Now it’s 24/7. It’s not that I can’t handle the pain, it’s just that I’m so scared I’ve done permanent damage to it.
After all I’ve said about taking things for granted, I went and took my knees for granted. If it gets better, I’ll feel a lot less whingey about my other problems, that’s for sure. I didn’t know how good I had it, lol.

I’ve got to go and bath and wash my hair now, and I’m not looking forward to it because it’s going to be seriously painful. Mmmmm, not much choice though, lol.

Michael is out playing a much deserved round of golf, and after that he is taking me to my parents. (My knee just gave an involuntary contraction as I wrote that, thinking about the trip. Ouchie). It’s harder to get me to move these days than Table mountain itself, lol.

I have a special message for my regular commenters (a grand total of four of them) for their sweet and supportive comments.

Melany:
You are such a special part of my life. Always supporting, always making me smile. And sharing your darling boys with me. Thanks for being the wonderful person you are. Merry Christmas, and may 2006 bring everything that you’ve always wanted.

Donna:

You are my hero, inspiration and role-model. Whenever I am having a hard day, I think about how you would handle it. MS sure doesn’t slow you down. I want to be just like you. You’ve taught me a lot, and helped me through some rough spots this year. Thank you very much, I admire you tremendously. And I love your wit. Merry X-mas.

Christel:

I got to know you through Melany. I know what great friends you are, and I’ve heard plenty about how cool you are. You are a very sincere and amusing person. Thanks for the cheery comments, and for your zany, fascinating blog. Happy holidays.

Cate:

I was delighted to make such an interesting and nice new friend so soon after signing up on Blogger. I thought it was just me that loved (illustrated) children’s books. Now I know I’m not the only one. I love reading about your family, and your part in it. Thank you so much for your kindly and caring comments. Much appreciated.

So Merry Christmas, and thanks for being a part of my blog. As a new blogger, each comment is like a little present just waiting to be unwrapped. I’m sure y’all know the feeling.

Hopefully next time I post, it will be with a fully functional right knee.
Till then, au revoir, and I hope Santa brings just what you asked for.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww are you trying to make me cry?? Thanks for that. Made my day, and I haven't even finished my first coffee yet. I hope your knee heals up, it's crazy how much we take the little things for granted. Merry Christmas sweetie! xo

7:08 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Well......... I am no longer trying... I'm crying! That you Maggie. That was so unexpected and totally awesome.

Wow. Thank you!

*sniff*

8:17 pm  
Blogger Nan said...

Maggie, This was the nicest pre-Christmas gift I have ever gotten. It's so nice to be able to share what's going on with new friends. You've touched my heart. Merry Christmas and I hope your knee feels better. You're in my prayers still.

12:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Maggs. I hope that knee heals up quickly. You totally brought me to tears too. I love you so much. You are amazing and strong. I don't know how you do it.

9:14 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Just wanted to wish you a very HAPPY, HAPPY Christmas. :)

5:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry, merry Christmas Maggie!!!
You are real hero for me...
I definitely will try to visit your blog more regularly next year, it always makes me touched and smilling the same time... You are teaching me to be happy with small, ordinary things.
You are great.
I plan the trip to SA in 2010 - and one of highlights will be to see you for sure! Don't plan any trips for World Cup in soccer time, ok? I will not leave before long chat with you!!!

10:53 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

We are needing a bit of an update here!

12:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay you, long time no talk, That is a great photo of you up close. How have you, been how was christmas. Mine was shitty but hay that is a whole other blog. Wow I haven't heard from you in quite a while. So bring me up to date on how things are going, and I'll tell you what has been going on in my life, again a whole other blog lol....
Well I chould go and we'll talk soon

Darren

12:09 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live ... now." ~ Joan Baez

Wishing you all good things for 2006!

9:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Maggie!! Hope you're doing well xo

6:32 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Thanks so much, all of you!

1:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home