Sunday, January 01, 2006

2005 versus 2006

Woke up at about 9am. Start as you mean to go on, lol.

Time for a bit of introspection into 2005, I guess.
At the time, some of it felt really rough, especially August. But I made it through that, and for that, I am rather proud of myself. It may not be what I aspired to in my life, but I think I can say that I coped with it all in my own, uniquely Maggie way, lol. But damn! I'm glad it's over.

Some of the positive things of 2005:

*I made some great new friends, and kept up with existing friends.
*I read a lot of Gary Larson, and had my fair share of belly laughs in 2005.
*I started on Betaferon injections, which I think are starting to help me.
*I tried a lot of different therapies for my MS, and even though some of them didn't work, I feel it was time well spent, even the traumatic dental work, lol.
*M and I had a great year, as far as 'us' were concerned.
*I had a great outpouring of love from all my friends and family this year when I was so ill, and it was almost worth being sick for, I felt so loved and cosseted.
*I read some great books.
*I spent time with my godchildren (although not enough!) but that was great. Children are so special.
*I went spectacularly off my diet, lol.
*I recovered my faculty for walking (mostly, anyway) after losing it in August. This was truly wonderful, and I feel really grateful for it.
*Oh, and I started blogging, which has been a really fun new hobby.

New Year's resolutions for 2006:
(Well, the more mundane ones, anyway. I'm not quite liberated enough to put the more personal stuff on my blog yet).

*Have plenty of laughs the whole year through. This shouldn't be too hard, as I live with Michael, lol.
*Keep up trying to get to the bottom of the ms. I feel that this is the year in which I will make a breakthrough.
*Improve my diet, but not to ridiculously strict proportions. I'd like to cut out dairy, as far as possible, and sugar, especially refined. Also gluten, as far as possible and 'bad' saturated fats. And nasty, commercially baked stuff. And eat plenty of raw, natural foods.
*Make a breakthrough with this whole 'healing power of the mind' thing. I think therein lies the key to my health. I'm starting today with my affirmations. Positive one's, that is. Can't hurt.
*I want to spend plenty of time with family and friends this year. In fact, plenty of time doing all the things I love!
*Oh yes, and I want to get my stomach flat again. I don't want to lose weight, just to tone up what I have. I'll figure out a way to do this, even if I have to buy one of those belts that shock your stomach muscles, lol. Only joking, I've had to much to say about that in the past, I'll have to do it the good, old-fashioned way ;-)

I'm sure I'll come up with some more resolutions before the day is out, so watch this space, lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

You deserve all good things. Every time I read your blog I can see and feel why Mel loves you so.

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel this is going to be brilliant year. Upwards and onwards :)

1:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home