Sunday, January 01, 2006

Love 2006 already.



This is a photo taken of Michael and I on Christmas day. (Thanks Mel). It is the first pic taken of us in at least six months, probably more. Our camera is still on the blink. Mike looks absolutely gorgeous, I think, and I look pretty relaxed for someone who's leg felt like it was about to drop off, at the time.

We had a really nice, relaxing Christmas day. Melany and Tommie spoiled me rotten with the most gorgeous selection of fruit from Woolworths. It was great spending X-mas at their house.



Thanks for my lovely, lovely comments on my last post. That was so lovely to read. No wonder blogging is so popular. There is just a connection that happens between bloggers that doesn’t happen as readily, or as speedily, in real life.

I received very sad news just before Christmas. One of my best friends, and a very special person to me, passed away. She also had MS, although they think it was complications with her heart that caused her death. I was completely shocked by this news. Her husband sent a very touching e-mail to me, with a collage of photos of her that he scanned onto the computer. I just wish that I had sent her the merry Christmas e-mail that I meant to. Now I will never get to send her anything ever again. She was just such a lovely, brave person that will be very sorely missed. We were comrades in arms against this thing called MS, and I shall miss her more than I can say.

My mom’s shoulder is very sore. The tendon is torn, and she may have to have an op on it. She has had a pretty grim Christmas too, because of it. I hope it gets better soon.

And then, to top it all off, my granny fell and broke her hip and had to have hip-replacement surgery on Christmas day. I was so worried about her. She is still battling, but seems to be on the path to recovery. She's home again, and even walking about.


My leg went haywire on Christmas eve. It got very sore and my foot was swollen. I became scared so M and I went to casualties at the hospital. The on-call doctor examined it and had blood tests done. Gave me some antibiotics, as well, which don’t seem to be helping. Basically, they didn’t have a clue what is wrong with it, which is made me very nervous. Because of the fact that the pain travels from my hip to my knee and back for fun.

On Thurs, I went to see a chiropractor. He knew exactly what was wrong with it. Apparently something in my lower back is a bit out (nothing to do with the knee, actually). He worked me over good and proper. After that, it was worse than before. Next day, it was better. Today it was bloody sore again, and the pain has spread up to my back and opposite hip. (Which is crap). I may need to go for a follow-up session at the chiro's. Hope it gets better soon, this is starting to get really boring.

M and I shared the most stunning choc&caramel McFlurry from McDonald's today. Yum. Of course, the ol' diet will get revised tomorrow as part of NY-resolutions, so it's just as well we went out with a bang, lol. (Where have I heard that before?)

Want to watch E-lollipop on tv tomorrow. I haven't seen it and it looks so good. I nearly cried for the trailer, lol.

I feel majorly excited about 2006, so best that I go and get some sleep so that I can make some decent resolutions.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Maggs. I hope this will be an awesome year for you.

7:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Great picture of you and Mike, it's nice to see who all the fuss is about! :) Sorry to hear about your friend... very sad. I hope the chiro helps your knee; I have an awesome one, I'd send him if I could. I hope 2006 brings you everything you hope for!

9:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your best friend, and your grandma, Those old birds are allot stronger than allot us younger people and yes I am including myself in that as well I haven't reached 40 yet lol.
In regards to your friend why not take it to her resting place, the gesture will still be there and hopefully she will hang onto it for a long time. I know how you feel, same thing had happened to me. If it isn't one thing it is another, My mom went into the hospital for surgery on her stomach, Found out she had a tumor, and that was taken out and she had some bad days with drainage, At christmas dinner she came up for dinner after lying down well she looked like she was drained of her blood she was that bad looking. Now she was taken in yet another time that I hate to say this but there are a few of us that think she won't see next christmas. The upside to that of course is that she won't be in pain any longer. The side affect to that would be that my dad goes soon after. I am hoping to be going to England this year but there is so much that needs to be don before going, and spending cash everything is atleast twice what things cost because of the British Pound, depending on the market. I can use Canadian money but I don't feel like figuring out the difference so I will get my money changed as I have it. Whoo knows One year I might be able to visit you, I won't guarantee it but I will try.... Did I answer your question yet? well I will tell you again if I did....
No I have never met Joanne face to face so there is quite the excitment going on in head. Once I get my passport I think things will be even better traveling wise. Every week I am finding out the cheepest flight and it comes up with the same airline. I can't remember the name off hand but for the same flight on Air Canada costs about 4-$500 Canadian Dollars more so cheep is the way I am going. There are a few people there that I will be seeing & meeting face to face. Everytime I hear about doing something in order for me to go I get more & more exited.

Happy New Year
and we'll talk soon

Darren

11:29 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Gorgeous picture.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. :( Death is just so hard.

I also love those choc / caramel McFlurry's.

12:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home