Friday, January 20, 2006

New Start.

Sooo much has happened since my last post, I hardly know where to begin.

I was in a bit (okay, a lot) of a downward spiral. I was in constant pain with my hip that's out, and the ms was starting to flare up noticably. And I felt morbidly aware of my own mortality. Basically, I was battling my ass off. I had an appointment scheduled with the chiro, and then things started unravelling when I couldn't even manage to bath before going. I just could not lift my legs to get in the bath, even with help. So I decided to skip the appointment and book into hospital instead for a five day course of IV cortisone. Difficult decision, as usual, as it has only been four months since the last time, and one is supposed to wait at least six months. But I was determined that things would not go as backwards as last time.
It was the best decision I could possibly have made!
I went to a hospital that I haven't gone to before, and man! was it wonderful. I had a private room, with tv, air-con, basin, and a door leading out to the courtyard. The nurses were so friendly and efficient, and the food was great! I came out of there feeling so relaxed, unlike with previous hospital visits that had me a state of nerves. I got plenty of visitors and even met up with an old school friend, who is now a nurse there.

Upon my neurologist's recommendation, I only took half the dosage of meds that I normally receive. (As I am on the beta injections). Well, I was afraid it might not be as effective, but it worked like a bomb! The drip was also a big success. It lasted for five days, with no swelling or pain. It was really in the vein nicely.

But the real news is how amazingly I have been recovering. I feel like I am experiencing a mracle! For the first time in about six months, I can walk on my own! It is the best gift I have received in my entire life. I feel like I have sprouted wings.

I am just so grateful.

And kmore than that, I just feel as though a switch has been flicked inside me to restore me to my full health. I can't explain it.

I'm a bit bushed now, after a full and unbelievably wonderful day, so I'll say goodnight, but expect to hear plenty more from me tomorrow.


Oh yes, and I just read the wonderful comments that were made on my last post, and I was so touched. Thank you! I would be bawling my eyes out, but for some mysterious reason, I'm not emotional at all like I've been for the past couple of months. I don't think I could squeeze a tear out if I tried!
I just feel so happy and blessed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Maggie, I've been checking on you daily to see if you were back. I'm so glad you are and you're feeling so much better.

12:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! Wow, I have never heard such a positive cortisone experience in my life! That's enough to make me want to call a hospital and see if they'll take me in just for the heck of it lol I hope this is permanent, and you continue getting stronger! I'm really happy for you!

1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home