Sunday, January 22, 2006

What a Wonderful World

Tell me if I'm becoming annoyingly upbeat, lol. I just can't seem to help it. Nothing can rain on my parade, not even the pain in my hips (which btw is much better today).

  • *Michael is still feeling really sick. I feel so bad for him, it is so awful to have the flu. His chest is feeling constricted, which worries me. He is probably going to take tomorrow off work, which is maybe the second tkme he has done so since I met him.
  • *My sister, Sonja, and her husband came to visit us this afternoon which was lovely. We visit so nicely with them, and she had a nice growth spurt in her pregnant tummy. She is glowing, it's so nice to see her like that.
  • *Annie (baby sis) might come visit next weekend. I hope so. I told her she just has to see me in action. Last time she saw me, I couldn't walk on my own. She's gonna be really surprised at the improvement I've made.
  • *On Friday, M and I watched the most brilliant movie: The Wedding Crashers. I laughed so much, and I do love to laugh. It was really something different, with a really intelligent script and good dialogue.
  • *Today we watched 22 minutes of the movie: Pauly Shore is Dead. It was beyond awful, maybe the worst movie I've ever seen. Pointless bad lamguage, constantly. We couldn't figure it out at all! Thankfully, we cut our losses andmoved on.
  • *My hips are feeling much better today. Much better than yesterday, that is, but still uncomfortable. As I sit here, my back has a dull ache. I can cope with it, though, especially as it at least seems to be improving now. I so hope it is better tomorrow, then I will know that this session at the chiro's finally did the trick. I have been battling (and I do mean battling) with it since middle December.
  • *Since I came home to our flat on Thurs night, Michael and I have hardly been out of each others site. We're making up for all the time we had to spend apart. He's watching some cricket now, while I work on the pc. We're only online over weekends, so I have alot of stuff to do.
  • *Diet still going brill. Something happened to me in that hospital. Emotionally, I mean. I'm just in such a good place right now, I feel like I somehow dumped a whole lot of issues that were bugging me. And along with it, I seem to have lost the terrible obssession (that looks spelled wrong) with food. I used to have such an emotional dependency on food it wasn't even funny. It seems to be gone. I just wish I knew how, seeing as a lot of people deal with this issue all over the world. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a magic cure?
  • *My stomach is finally getting back into shape, too. (And you all know how this was bothering me). I think it is a combination of eating better, and being able to maintain good posture again. As well as being able to walk around. I'm quite delighted. The bruises from the injections are nearly gone, too.
  • *I've made the decision to stop the injections for a while. I just feel so much better and I don't think they were helping me much. But I'll be aware of the situation and if I feel I need to go back on them, I won't hesitate.
  • *I have to go see my neurologist soon, for the renewal of my disability pension (although at this rate, I won't need it for much longer, YAY!) I have until April to go see him, but I better get it over with. We'll try and kill a few birds, though, and get some other stuff done in Jo'burg, too.
  • *I hope I don't lose weight now that I have changed my diet so drastically again. I tend to do that, especially after a session on the cortisone. I hate being skinny. Like really. My body is exactly like I've always wanted it, and how often can one say that? I'm trying to make sure I get plenty carbs in, anyway.
  • *I shaved my legs! This may sound insignificant, but do you know how frustrating it has been not to be able to do it? It was so easy, only took me about 3 mins. Like it's supposed to!
  • *So yeah, still feeling great, and improving every day. I'm getting used to it really fast. And by that I don't mean taking it for granted. I don't think that will ever happen. But I wake up with the expectation of being able to stand up out of bed and WALK. But it still feels like a miracle when it happens.
  • *On Friday, I had this fantastic day. It was like a dream. I went on the golf-course with Michael (riding on the cart) which is something I've been wanting to do for so long. And afterwards we went shopping, so I could buy some pretty things (undies) for myself. Believe me, when you can't even walk, the state of your underwear is pretty low on your priority list. You jusy couldn't care, as long as it's basically functional. So that was such a treat for me. I got a lovely surprise at Woolworths, too. They had lovely fresh blueberries in stock. Now, blueberries are supposed to be brilliant for ms, because the high bio-flavinoid content helps the nerves to heal over. Usually, I take the dried capsules, but fresh is of course best. Only, we don't really get them much in SA. I nearly let out a whoop of joy when I saw them. Definitely on the inside. And as a bonus, they were totally delish!
  • *But in spite of the brilliant day, I felt a bit edgy and spaced out. I don't know if it was the expected cortisone crash, or just the fact that I'm improving in such great strides, after so long of being ill, that my mind was battling to take it all on board. I mean, it's a massive thing. We went visiting Mel, though, and after chatting to her, I felt a lot better. I feel like I normalled out.
  • *I feel worried about her now though. She thinks she may be getting a bit of the baby blues or something. I hope it passes quickly.

I guess that's about it for now. I'm going to order a parcel of books now which is probably one of my favourite things to do.

Keep well, everyone, and may the sun shine brightly on your life.

Updated to add: Put stars in instead of the bullets. I think the bullets don't show up on this template, for some reason. And I do like bullets.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The HTML for bullets is really easy, I'll email you how to do it!

I'm so glad you are doing soooo well... do you have NO MS symptoms at all? Like, are you in complete remission? I hope so, that is fantastic. That's one of the great things about MS, when you can be unable to walk for awhile, and then one day you can again, and you really learn not to take these things for granted!

7:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so amazing. I'm SSSOOO happy to see you like this. To see you so well physically and feeling so strong emotionally. So positive. Thank you so much for coming to visit me today. Nothing keeps the baby blues away like good friends visiting.

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home