Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rainy days and Thursdays...

Funny thing that happened last night: I watched a bit of the news (which I never do), about the Palestinian parliamentary elections. The newsreader meant to say the Fighter Party, but that’s not quite how it came out. Ha ha. More like Farty Pighter. I’m still laughing about that. Credit where it’s due, though, she did keep a straight face.

I had a really nice day. I was able to do some washing. Well, the machine did the actual washing, but I was able to load it, and hang the washing up afterwards. And then bring it in again when it started to rain, and hang it on the clothes horse inside. This was nothing more than a pipe-dream a couple of months ago. Never thought I’d enjoy the banal things in life so very much. Only thing is that my back is pretty bloody sore after all the activity. I wonder if I should perhaps go for a (expensive1) sonar, just to see how the land lies. Might be worthwhile.

I read some book in bed with a lovely breeze blowing in. I actually had to snuggle into my duvet it was so fresh. We had lovely rain today. Some pretty heavy lightning, too. I’m quite scared of lightning. I was nipping while bringing in the washing, I can tell you.

I discovered that there is a lovely little bead shop just down the road from where we stay. My niece, Taryn is crazy about beading and I promised her I’d try and get some. Well, I got some lovely ones, and also found out that they give classes on a Saturday morning, so hopefully her and I can toddle off soon to attend one. I’m actually getting quite keen on the whole bead scene myself. It looks like fun.

Had a really nice conversation with my granny. We spoke for ages. I’ve really missed her. Her hip is healing nicely, but it seems like it’s a long process. She told me that the old iliac joint will just pop back in one good day, and I should just be patient.

I saw an excellent talk show about diet yesterday that confirmed my whole little epiphany that I’ve had regarding same. The dietician said not to deny yourself anything, because what you focus on, you’ll eat. So if you tell yourself, “I’m denying myself chocolate, I’m denying myself chocolate…” eventually you’ll say, “I’ll kill for a chocolate,” and end up eating a 200g slab. She said rather focus on healthier options.
Even if you want to go for fast-food, have a carrot or some other raw, fresh item on the way there. That way, you get the benefit of the carrot and you fill up your stomach a bit so that you’ll eat less junk. They also said that whatever you’re eating, moderation is the key. This has always been my Achilles heel, but it does seem to be getting better these days. Case in point, there were actually some of the ginger biscuits left over for today, ha ha.

I plucked my eyebrows, which was long overdue. Not majorly, I mean I still keep the natural shape and everything, but they were looking pretty unkempt. Now they’re looking quite gamine, if I do say so myself.

Oh yes, and the gripe that I forgot about yesterday was that the cortisone buggers up my skin every time. But I must say, it is starting to look all right again, so I’ll officially retract that complaint. After all, I’ve had so many benefits from the meds, that I can really put up with a rash that is anyway on its way out.
Toodle-oo now, and good night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found a bead shop. She's going to love it. I love tbe idea of both of you going for classes!! It will be fun. I can just see you two, beading together

8:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home