Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm not young enough to know everything. Who said that?

I was up at 7:28 (gasp) courtesy of the deodrant-spraying, chain-smoking brats next door. My only question is this: If they hate the smell of the cigarettes so much that they have to empty out half a can of deodrant (or is it toilet-spray?) to disguise it, then why do it in the fist place??
And unfortunately, poor souls like me who happen to hate both smells, do not have any rights whatsoever where this is concerned. I can't march over there and demand that they stop polluting the air in their own yard. Especially as this seems to be one of the most popular and legal of human activities. I am getting tired of living on top of other people, where only the luck of the draw separates one from people who should rather be living in a student commune.

On a more cheerful note, I've been singing the following all morning. (Well, all of the half an hour of my enforced verticalness, that is).

I've got music. I've got rhythym. Who could ask for anything more? - Gershwin.

I wonder what're the chances that they've finished their little spree, and têtê-a-têtê outside my bedroom window, so I can venture into my bed and grab another hour's kip? I hear their little high-pitched voices in the vicinity of the garage. I hope this signals an imminent departure!

The door to the spare-room, which I am currently occupying, seems to have slipped on its hinges, thus barring my exit. Which is bad news, as the trusty bladder is fired up, and a visit to the loo becomes increasingly necessary.

Fortunately, I managed to open it a wee bit (nearly literally, lol) and managed to squeeze out. Out the door, that is :-) Relief!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. Why can't you get a lovely old lady, who is caring and quiet LOL

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loud annoying neighbours are the worst! I used to live in a place that had some upstairs. Now I live in a quiet concrete building on the main floor, and upstairs is a retired couple, and on one side is the rental office, and on the other side is a middle aged man also with MS who is very quiet. It's perfect!

I listen to my Ella Fitzgerald version of that song all the time :)

8:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home