Friday, February 03, 2006

Friday

  • What is the opposite of 'blues'? Like 'Monday blues'. How would you one describe Fridays? Friday Reds? Friday Pinks? Friday Purples? Food for thought indeed.
  • I reflected on my shampoo this morning while washing my hair. I use a cheap brand, Colgate Apple, because the smell doesn't bother me. I remember reading years ago that Liz Hurley said she uses the cheapest shampoo she can find, because the cheaper it is, the less chemicals it's had crammed into it. And it's so true. Expensive brands like Finesse, Organics, etc. really bother me. I don't want to be in the same room as myself after using them.
  • Annie come to visit for the weekend. It was so great seeing her. We're going to have one fabulous weekend.
  • Found out that my beloved bath-crystal is possible made of aluminium. Bauxite, they call it, but that's a major source of Al. Maybe that explains the shocking levels of Aluminium found in my bloodtests. Anyway, I've stopped using it.
  • New neighbours are a big improvement, except for the fact that they stand under our bedroom window in the early morning and smoke. I'm like a magnet for cigarette smoke; it just comes straight through the window looking for me. Not the way I like to wake up, thank you very much.
  • Almost no pain in back/hips/knees today. I could get used to this, lol.
  • Just listened to Nat King Cole's When I fall in Love. He just had the smoothest voice of all the crooners, I think. I also listened to Elvis' Can't help falling in love with you. I love that song.
  • Had such a nice visit at my in-laws this avie. There was an idling truck gassing me out. They seem to be developing the property right next to us, but the level of oxygen versus carbon monoxide in our flat was getting dangerously low. So my darling mom-in-law came to fetch me, and I stayed there for the rest of the afternoon. I gave Quintus a music lesson. He is getting on very well. He sat with me and chatted for ages. We had such a good time. I should really make it a weekly thing.
  • Tomorrow I'm going to visit my parents. Two of my sisters will be there. Yay!
  • Roger Whittaker's Green, green grass of home is pretty stunning, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time visiting your folks and seeing your sisters. Thanks for Quintus' piano lesson yesterday. He loves you so much

11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home