Sunday, February 05, 2006

Winner Weekend!

Wow, totally delightful weekend.

  • Had a great visit with my sis. Really nice seeing her again. M is going to do a cycle race in Jo'ies soon, and we might be going to stay with them for the night. I haven't seen herplace yet, so that will be really nice.
  • Had a great visit with my other sister too. She is looking (and acting) adorably pregnant I even felt her baby move. Little Christopher really seems part of the family already.
  • We had such a lovely family lunch today. Afterwards my dad and I reminisced about the fun times we had when the old farm dam was still standing. We used to braai (BBQ) there almost every Sunday. It was great.
  • I want to watch Out of Africa tonight. I've never seen it before, and I do enjoy Robert Redford in his heyday. Butch Cassidy et al.
  • The clouds were so beautiful on our way home. After I went through a phase of not being able to see hardly oast my own nose, and then having my eye-sight recover, I just love looking at clouds. I never really noticed them before, and I now they have me transfixed. It reminds me of that Joni Mitchell song: Both Sides Now, except it's the other way round with her. She loved clouds as a child, and then became disillusioned with them.
  • I'm so excited by a brand new week. So much to do.
  • My Illiac joint is miles better. I was worried there for a while, but it looks like it will make a complete recover, slowly but suurely.

I'm playing a fun new game with myself, figuring out which of my family members look like which film-stars.

  • So far, I've decided that my mom looks like a young Julie Andrews, or otherwise Kristin Scott-Thomas as she looked in the Horse Whisperer.
  • My dad looks like Sean Connery, especially the eye-brows.
  • Michael looks an awful lot like Ben Affleck sometimes.
  • Sonja looks a lot like Penelope Cruz.
  • Annie looks a bit like Jennifer Garner.
  • My dad-in-law, looks like Richard Gere. Quite a lot, actually.
  • My mom-in-law looked just like Rita Hayworth in photo's I've seen of her when she was younger. Or maybe Judy Garland.
  • Karina looks just like a brunette version of Drew Barrymore.

That's all I've thought of so far. It'll be fun matching up the rest, including myself. I've always though I had a Meg Ryan-ey look to me, but that's just my opinion.

  • I was supposed to do my detoxifying fast today, but was defeated by Sunday lunch at my folks'. Bad idea to do it on a Sunday, in retrospect. I should do it mid-week when I've got nothing better to eat, lol.
  • So I had some of a cheese-loaf, some Gino Ginelli ice-cream and a mini-Bar-one. But so what? I enjoyed it. Anyway, I had a lovely fruit salad for breakfast, and a glass of carrot juice for brunch, so they day wasn't a total dietary train-smash. And tomorrow is another day. At least I don't have to worry about losing weight at this rate.
  • Want to go and buy me a mascara tomorrow. Haven't used mascara in months, but now I'm interested in looking half-way decent again. Can't use my old one though, because I have this recurring light eye-infection, and I keep re-infecting myself with the mascara.
  • Also have to finally hand in my fire-arm. That'll be a load off my shoulders. I can't see myself using it. I'd rather keep a nice can of mace handy.
  • Oh, and I saved the best for last. I can totally play the piano again. How fab is that? It's been years and years, and now I can again. I found my old sheet music. Can't wait to refresh my repertoire.
  • I can't believe how blessed I am.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one good looking family you've got there! Try uploading a photo here and see what it says: Celebrity Face Recognition. Mine said Nicole Kidman. I don't THINK so!

2:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are doing SO darn well. I'm so happy for you. I just wanted to cry when you walked out yesterday after visiting us. Just like old times. :)

I agree...mike looks like Ben Affleck! Oh my dad is pretty handsome too LOL

3:21 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

You are SUCH an inspiration.

Btw.... I love Gino Ginelli !!

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home