Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon

I just realised this past week that I am happier than I have ever been before in my life. I don’t know if it’s because I’m focusing more on the positive, or what, but something is really working for me.

I am especially full of gratitude today because the pain is my SI joint is so greatly improved. I’m not about to do a somersault, it still has a way to go before that, lol, but last night for the first time I could really sleep comfortably again. There’s a lot to be said for that.

Michael and I are having the epitome of a lazy Sunday. We’re going to go to town now to look for some coffee tables, and some Lindt Lindor chocolates that they keep advertising on tv. They look highly decadent. Much too decadent for an ordinary weekday, only suitable for a Sunday!

Just got back from town. No Lindors available in the supermarket. Plenty of Lindt, but no Lindor specifically. Guess we’ll have to wait. Actually it’s a good thing. I’m always on the look-out for an excuse to eat rubbish. It has to stop sometime, lol.
I’m very impressed with my own self. M and I went to a clothing shop, where I walked all around it (and it’s a big shop) on my own. Then we went to the hypermarket where I navigated the trolley (for support, of course) I feel a bit wobble and tired now, but I surpassed my own expectations by lightyears! I’m already feeling recovered as I sit here and type. I was feeling a bit like Lurch, from The Addams Family, but fortunately it has passed.

Who would’ve thought pumpkin-seed bread could taste good. I bought some at the supermarket and it was quite delish. It’s made of rye flour, so less gluten, and it’s also low-fat and high in fibre. Can’t be bad. I had some of it, toasted, with marmite, tomato slices and freshly-ground black-pepper on.
Speaking of Freshly-Ground, am I ever crazy about the new SA group by the same name. Their chart-topping song’s chorus goes, Doo-bie, Doo-bie, Doo-bie, Doo – ye-ah. No idea what it’s actually called though. Local is indeed lekker, as the saying goes. Sometimes, I just feel very glad that I was born in Africa. Nobody can call us boring, that’s for sure.
My littlest niece, Aiden, turns one year old this coming week. She is so sweet. I want to take her some chocolate cake that she can rub all over her face, like one year-olds do best! And I’ll definitely invest more money in the wrapping of the gift than the gift itself, because duh! That’s the best part when you’re that age.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

12:04 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Btw, my blog url has changed.

http://www.freewebs.com/nocturalwenchy/

:o)

7:06 am  
Blogger Nan said...

Maggie, so glad you're feeling better. BTW you make food sound delicious in your descriptions.

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home