Saturday, February 11, 2006

Revenge plot

The little sh*ts next door left the fire to smoulder for half the night. They didn't even have the decency to put it out when they went to bed, given that it was right under our window. I think they are blissfully oblivious to the bad vibes that are floating over to them from No. 7 (us). They just haven't thought that far ahead, that we might not be altogether happy about plumes of smoke swirling around our heads while we try to sleep. I mean, who's that petty, anyway.

I know this may be a tad unreasonable of me, but I just think there are certain concessions that have to be made when people are living in such close proximity to each other. Is it too much to want fresh, untainted air at night? Or any other time, for that matter. Fresh air is on its way to becoming a commodity.

I unearthed my harmonica from where it was languishing in a drawer, and gave it a good workout. I'm busy learning to play Nat King Cole's When I fall in Love, which I have been singing all week anyhow.
So next time our neighbours think they're going to talk all sorts of crap outside our window at midnight while we're trying sleep, I'll whip out my harmonica and give them a tune or two. That should dampen their enthusiam somewhat. And if we get evicted because of that, it'll just be an added bonus. I'm tired of hearing their whiny little voices swearing and blaspheming away at the dead of night!

Of course, I'll never actually do that. I don't want open war declared, after all, and there are the other poor neighbours to consider. I think a carefully worded letter will have to suffice. Nothing threatening, just asking politely that they remember they are, in fact, living in a flat, and not a ranch or farm where the nearest neighbours are a half a day's ride away. So please!

Oh, and as if all this wasn't enough, this morning they obviously didn't like their own flat smelling like a tar-pit either, so they emptied what smelt like 5 cans of toilet spray out in it. It wasn't long before it came wafting into our window with a vengeance. The pair of them were hacking and coughing away, pretty much like us last night. But now that is what I call self-inflicted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no Maggs. I don't know why you guys are so unlucky with neighbours! Something must be done

7:57 pm  
Blogger Nan said...

I couldn't have stood it. I'm so very allergic to smoke and just about any kind of fragrances. I would have had to go out and tell them about it, or I wouldn't have been able to breathe.

It's terrible when people think only of themselves and not of others.

Their freedom ends where your nose begins.

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home