Friday, February 24, 2006

Update. (for want of a better title).

Just found a grasshoppery/ mantis thingy lying on the carpet, dead, surrounded by ants. Yuck. I nearly stood on it with my bare feet. I’m not squeamish, but I really hate grasshoppers. They freak me out a bit. Now I’ll have to clean it up, before I do step on it.

Thinking of my sister, Karina, who has to fly to Australia tomorrow at 5am. She hates flying.

I had a lovely day yesterday. I visited with a very special friend. We had tea, and were chatting so non-stop that we barely had time to eat our cake. We’ll have to visit again soon, as we didn’t even get close to sharing all our news.

I’m attempting a 24 hour fast today. It’s not as bad as it sounds, a lot of the fast is taking up by the night. Basically, you eat breakfast, and then skip two meals, only eating again at breakfast the following day. It is supposed to be a time of cleansing and revitalization for the body. I hope I can hold out. I tried on Wednesday, and stupidly went shopping with Michael. So I ended up eating some toast with tomato on, and then I completely lost it, and ate a whole, big Easter egg mostly by myself. I felt quite grossed out afterwards. Anyway, hope it goes better today.

We went looking at cars now, as M had an early lunch. The model we fancy wasn’t there, but they did have the sedan version in. It’s a pretty nice car! M is quite keen on the more sporty, two-door version. I really don’t want a two-door, though. I have a two-door car, and I don’t think it’s suited as a family car, even if it’s only a two-person family like ours. We’re already compromising on boot-space with the hatch-back, we can’t still sacrifice two of the doors. To me, it’s the type of car a single person drives. Michael said I can choose the colour when we do buy it. So far, I’m rather liking the Sunset Red option. But we’ll see.

I’m going to Jo’ies with my mom for a bit of a family reunion. I’m finally going to get to meet my cousin, Timothy. We’ve been corresponding for the last couple of years via e-mail, but I have no recollection of having actually met him, ever.

But now I’m going to miss Mel’s Zander being baptized, and I’m going to miss Sonja’s 3-D scan of Christopher. I hardly ever go anywhere, and when I do, it clashes with everything else! It never rains, but it pours!

But I really want to go, because I haven’t seen my grandparents in ages, have never met my cousin, and haven’t seen Annie’s new place yet, where we will be staying. Can’t miss that.

Had a chat with my dad over the weekend, and it turns out that four out of his five kids have family names. I never even realized that. My brother Hein was named after our grandfather. That I knew. Annie and I were named after the two grandmothers, although Annie did get an anglicized version our Afrikaans granny’s name. What I didn’t realize was that Karina was also named after that granny. Her name is a contraction of grandmother’s second name, Katerina. Only Sonja got her name just because they thought it was a nice name, and for no other reason. I thought that was quite fascinating.

My other brother, on my mom's side, also got his name purely becasue it is a nice name, as far as I know.

I hate being uncharitable about the rain, but I really hope it doesn't. The thunder is threatening, and I've just hung out my washing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how much I love rain! Don't go wishing it away LOL
Don't worry about the baptism. Christel is coming too and you know how she takes photos :) We'll have more than enough to share with you

12:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home