Monday, February 20, 2006

Great Weekend

What a truly ‘kick-ass’ weekend!

Annie was here, and her and my mom and I had a fab time. Annie was very taken with my deluxe Gary Larson set. We spent hours reading them and giggling and having a good old time.

Had a great visit with Karina and Sonja too in the week. Aren’t sisters just great. I’m so glad I have three. I genuinely wouldn’t have minded more, in fact. Sonja is looking gloriously pregnant and beautiful as always, and Karina looks petite and gorgeous and so happy. She and her family may be emigrating to Australia. Great for them, as they would get citizenship after two years, but we would only see them every two years. Not nice.

Michael did very well in his cycle-race on Sunday. He maintained an average speed of 31.1 km/ph and anyone who knows anything about cycling will know that is pretty good. Him and I are in negotiations over our new car that we want to buy in August. He has his heart set on the top of the range Polo, 2l diesel injection. I have my heart set on the lower premium of the Kia Serato. Still, it’s fun looking around and talking it over, and August is still plenty far away.

I finally got shot (pardon the pun) of my pistol. Handed it in at my parents local police station, and got such good service there. No problems whatsoever. Unlike some other stations I could mention! Anyway, I’m glad it’s out of my life.

I’ve been playing the piano all weekend, and having such a fantastic time. I feel like a genie has granted me three wishes in my life, and that is one of them. I can play again. I forgot what a wonderful, calming effect playing the piano has on me. Puts in another world. A very happy place.
My sister surprised us by playing a it of Beethoven’s The Tempest, which is one of our (my mom, sis and I) all time favourites. I was longing with all my heart that it could be me playing, but I thought I still lack the sensitivity in my fingers. But I gave it a try, and it didn’t go bad at all. In fact, it went quite amazingly well. Only prob is that she took the sheet-music back to Jo’burg with her. She’s bringing me my own copy when she comes down again, though.
I’m so looking forward to working on my repertoire a bit. I want to have at least 20 songs that I can play well

I have a special project that I’m working on. I guess you could call it financial at its root, but it’s also for my own personal satisfaction. I won’t say anything more about it though until it’s successful, as I don’t want to jinx it. I’m enjoying it quite a lot.

Stunning week, isn’t it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound so happy. Just beaming. You look it too. Thanks for offering to take the boys. You are one amazing friend and sister.

7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home