Saturday, March 04, 2006

I seem to be okay again...yes, definitely

I do feel better this morning. Perkiness factor: a solid 7 (at least), and increasing every hour. Let’s not forget I’m never at my best in the morning, lol.

The surge of rogue hormones seems to have abated, so everyone in this residence can heave a sigh of relief. Yes, that means you, Michael.

I’m actually only kidding around. I’m generally pretty laid back, even with a heady case of PMS to contend with. But just don’t provoke me, okay? Because I ain’t gonna take it lying down. But if you leave me alone, or better yet, buy me a chocolate, I’ll be more than fine.

Nice tv on today. Superman, starring the amazing Christopher Reeves is showing, and you know, I have never seen it. Not once. So I definitely want to catch that. Then tonight is showing Amelie, the French film that had everyone talking and garnered five Oscar nominations. I’ve wanted to see that for ages, looks like just my kind of movie. Starting at 9:30pm, so perfect time slot for moi. Of course, I have a baptism to attend tomorrow, but that is only starting at 10am, so that is also a pretty good time-slot for me.

We have this gorgeous and very brilliantly green tree right outside our bedroom window. I just love it. I think we would have moved from here long since if it hadn’t of been for that tree. Someone told me it’s an Umbrella tree, which makes sense because it looks for all the world like a big, green umbrella.

Anyhoo, it has this seasonal thing that it does. Normally not a nice thing, because it’s a sure sign that Winter is approaching. It has these round pods, containing its seeds, I guess. This time of year, the pods explode open, and pieces of shrapnel hit our window pane at an alarming velocity scaring the living daylights out of us. This goes on the whole day, and after the first 500 times of thinking you’re being attacked, you start getting used to it, although sometimes it still catches you unawares and you nearly jump out of your skin. Gotta love our tree. (At least we figured out what it was. The first year we lived here, we thought it was someone knocking on our window at night. And we live on the second storey, lol).

Seeing as how I’m always bitching about the neighbours, I must write this. There is such a lovely family that has moved in next to us on the other side of the whippersnappers. They are a family of five, which must be extremely challenging, given the size of the flat. But you wouldn’t say there are children living here at all. We don’t hear them at all. Except in the afternoons when they come and play outside on the grass in front. Then they shout and squeal a bit, proving that they are, in factm real children. But they speak so nicely to each other, you can hear they are quality people. I take my hat off to the parents for making it work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better today :)
That family do sound rather amazing. It's not easy to keep kids quiet and entertained at the best of times. Must be really difficult in a flat.
I love that tree of yours as well

12:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better! Enjoy your movies... Superman III was filmed in my city, if you ever see that! Many, many years ago though, and we have grown a lot since then. Come to think of it, lots of big movies were filmed around here... Brokeback Mountain, Legends of the Fall, The Edge, Unforgiven... although not exactly IN the city, just around it. And this has nothing to do with your entry now haha

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home