Sunday, March 05, 2006

Special day.

What a lovely day!

This morning we attended little Zander’s baptism. The man of the moment looked gorgeous in his little outfit, and his two brothers looked sooo smart in their church-clothes, complete with little ties. Beautiful children.

Afterwards, we went to Mel’s in-laws for some tea and eats. Her MIL is the best cook ever. Michael cousin Juliette was there, who we haven’t seen since our wedding. Her little boy is just too cute for words. It was nice chatting to her. I get the feeling the two of us would be very good friends if we got to see more of each other.

I also finally got to meet Mel’s friend, Christel (a.k.a Wenchy). Very cool, as I felt like I’ve known her for years, thanks to blogging. It felt weird, like being introduced to a good friend that you’ve known for ages. You know each other well, yet you’ve never met. I love the internet.

Had to leave the party early as Michael had a golf-date. I was disappointed, but in a way it was a good thing, because I didn’t have a great day, physically, and was pretty tired. When I got home I had to lie down for a while, which would have been a bit of a party pooper, I imagine.

Then I phoned my grandparents in Jo’burg and had a lovely chat with and my cousin Tim. Even though we’ve never met, that I can remember, as soon as I heard his voice I knew it was family. We chatted for ages, it was so great. Him and his girl are expecting their first babe in May. Looks like it’s going to be a little girl. He invited M & I to come and visit them in Scotland. How great would that be. I think we must start saving.

Then I whipped Michael’s butt at Sudoku. Unfortunately didn’t know when to quit and subsequently had my butt whipped.
He’s calling me now to go watch Double Jeopardy with him. I’ve been meaning to watch that for ages, so I’ll say goodnight, adieu and asta la vista, baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you were at the baptism :) You looked great

2:28 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I absolutely loved meeting you, but like you said......... it felt like I had known you FOREVER!!! :)

That felt good.

You are just amazing Maggie. Amazing.

8:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home