Saturday, March 25, 2006

Rain, rain, go away; come again another day!

Anyone remember that little childhood ditty?
Must've worked, because I see the sun is peeking out its head.

We got such a nice surprise last night. Melany, Tommie and the kids came for a visit, bringing with them some Lindt Lindor choccies for us. It was actually for Micahel, to say thank you for fetching the kids from school two days this week. Which was totally unnecessary, (that’s what family is for, after all) but still very much appreciated. We’ve been trying to get hold of those chocolates for ages after being seduced by the television ad. They were worth the wait. A total melt-in-your-mouth experience. Thanks guys.

Sadly (for him), Michael lost at Sudoku last night. It was only by split seconds, but hey, I don’t make the rules. It was nice though. We had our new cd on in the background. Just lovely.

Mike has gotten us a movie to watch. A bit of a bloke one, Batman Begins, but it looks nice for a rainy Saturday afternoon.

My grandparents are coming home. They’ve been visiting my aunty in Jo’burg since December, but now my mom has found them a place in a local old-age home. Yay. Can’t wait to see them.

Annie’s coming to visit a bit for the school holidays. Can’t wait for that, either.

I’m feeling a bit sad at the state of my skin due to all the cortisone. (I’d be a lot sadder though if I couldn’t walk). But still, it’s not nice. But at least I think I do walk a happy line between conventional meds and holistic health. I think it can be to your detriment to just blindly follow either course, you need to strike that happy medium.

It was feeling distinctly wintry this morning. Apart from the rain. Shame, Quintus’ first ever rugby-match got cancelled. The little tyke must have been so disappointed.

I was so lucky yesterday. I was trying to slice the last piece of bread, which was a bit hard, and my hand slipped and I ran the (sharp, serrated) bread-knife over my left hand. I was checking to see if all my fingers were still intact, but miraculously it didn’t even draw blood. Thank goodness. I hate cuts on my hands.
There is a smell of cheese-bun wafting up the stairs that is driving me nuts. I’ve been laying off the dairy (except for the Lindt last night, but really, that’s in a class of its own). So cheese is a bit of a no-no, and ordinarily I’m not that crazy over cheese, but cheesy-buns are another story. Maybe I’ll just have a half… (lol)

2 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

Hey Maggie!!!!

2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cheese. I know I shouldn't eat as much of it as I do but I just love love love it

7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home