Thursday, March 16, 2006

sniff sniff cough cough

I felt so down last night. This flu has taken me way backwards in terms of my symptoms, etc. I have very little energy, and get exacerbated easily, which means that I battle to walk around the flat.

My logic tells me that this due to the flu, and that it will reverse, now that I’m feeling better (flu-wise) but I’ve been through this so many times before that I find it really emotionally traumatic.

This morning, however, I feel considerably more perky and positive about the whole thing. I’m ready to tackle the bull by the horns again.

Amazingly, I’ve gotten through the whole episode without resorting to comfort food. In fact, yesterday I managed to do the 24 hour fast that I’ve been putting off for so long. (Come to think of it, no wonder I felt depro). My system feels like it’s running clean again.

I have this craving for Jungle Oats this morning. Gonna make myself a nice pot later on. I bought some nice sweet molasses the other day to have in lieu of syrup on the oats. Apart from loving the taste, it has loads of vitamins (B-vitamins and potassium and calcium especially). All the goodness that gets taken out of sugar during the refining process. The sweet molasses is better than the regular kind, because it’s been de-sulphered, which removes the slightly bitter taste.

LOST was so boring last night I nearly fell asleep.

Seeing as I’m no longer rewarding myself with food, I think it’s time for a nice book order on Kalahari.net.

Watched ‘Must Love Dogs’, with Diane Lane (whom I love!) and John Cusack. It was so, so nice. Lovely script. I really set a lot of store by a witty and intelligent script. Keep your special effects, really. I want to hear real people speaking,
I was visited by one of my ex-colleagues yesterday, and her 10 month old baby girl. I felt broody when they arrived. Not so much by the time they left, lol. But it was so great seeing them. The little one is by far the friendliest baby I have ever seen. So adorable, and plump in all the right places. I love a plump baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

I just LOVE John Cusack!

1:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home