Sunday, April 16, 2006

Stunning day





I

just had the most stunning Easter day! Well, apart from the agony in my back, blah, blah... (even I'm getting bored with hearing about it!)

M went to play golf this morning, but we've spent every moment together since then. He brought us back two chocolate Easter eggs, huge, one with an Eeyore hand puppet and one with a tigger. Well we polished those, then went and ate out at a new fish restaurant around the corner. I had a small portion of grilled calamari, which I love and chips. Delish. I've been pigging out ever since, so yes, it was a lovely, yummy, decadent day.

Whipped Mike's butt at sudoku. Currently, the score is 29:32 in my favour. Yeah baby!

I played one of my CD's (the soundtrack to You've Got Mail) while we were playing and Michael kept saying ow cool this one song is. (Jimmy Durante's You Made Me Love You). I totally agree, it is one of my favourites, but very old-fashioned, I didn't think he'd like it. We dimmed the lights, turned up the volume and held hands, listening to this stunnibng music. That is what life is about for me.
]
Yesterday, we watched such an amazing movie, In Her Shoes. Starring Shirley Maclaine and Cameron Diaz (in her first grown-up role, I think). Anyone who has a sister should watch this movie. So brilliant. M and I both cried liberally at the end. There was a poem (recited by Cammie) by e.e. cummings, called: I carry your heart. That alone was enough to move me to tears.
I'm not a great one for poetry, but I do have a couple of favourites that mean a lot to me. This is now one of them.

i carry your heart with me
by e. e. cummings

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my
true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always
meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the
bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which
grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars
apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

I am growing increasingly excited about my juice fast. The thing is, I've been wanting to do a water-fast for ages. But it's a big deal, because you run the risk of losing electrolytes, which is not a good idea. It actually needs to be medically supervised. And you get weak! Or at least I do. I don't know why I haven't done a juice fast long ago. I thought it wasn't as good, I wanted to call in the big guns, but I have since (as in yesterday) revised my opinion. Did I mention I'm excited?
I did one once previously, for nine days, and it did me a lot of good. But this time I intend going for longer. There are expensive clinics in Europe where patients juice-fast for 30 days. And are cured of such biggies as cancer. So surely my little ms won't put up too much of a fight. Naturally, you pay a LOT of money to be in aforementioned clinics, so I'll be doing it on my own. But like I said, it is ot potentially dangerous, like water-fasting, and nowhere near as uncomfortable.

I love this feeling. It's the feeling of being pro-active, of doing something. It does wonders for my mental outlook. I feel so positive again. Brimming with it, in fact. Life is so good, I just want to live it. A good session of cortisone-induced depression always makes me appreciate my usual perky disposition.

Our camera is not well. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But today it did, And my photo's on this blog are so sorely out of date, so I thought I'd put some on that M took of me. I should lose a fair amount of weight on the fast, so I reckon a before and after should be interesting. I'll get him to do a full body shot tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to hear you feeling this good :)

3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home