Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I started my ‘healthy eating plan’ again yesterday, officially. I’m quite proud of myself. I cleared three hurdles, namely 1) fresh cheese buns, 2) a Kentucky Avalanche ice-cream, and 3) a slab of Cadbury’s caramel, my all-time favourite chocolate.
I withstood temptation, and I’m so glad I did. One has to break the cycle somewhere.

Today I’ve only had fruit so far, (resisted pancakes for lunch, lol) and intend eating raw foods for the rest of the day. I want to start with the juice-fast tomorrow or the next day. I feel excited.

I finished reading a brilliant thriller today, Peter James’ Dead Simple. I don’t ordinarily read this genre, but it was pretty gripping. I love a book that is written intelligently.

The weather is so rainy for this time of year. I wonder when it will let up.

I went to the dentist today to have him check out my chipped tooth. He said not to worry, it’s no more than a splinter. He also told me I have fabulous teeth. Yay! I got him to burr off a piece of cement that I had on one of my back teeth from wearing braces years ago. It feels much better. It’s been bugging me for a while.

Another thing that’s been bugging me is that I have to go and fetch my passport. But that means going and queuing at home affairs for hours. I’m so not in the mood for that, but I’d better go and fetch it before it disappears. It was hard enough getting the bloody thing in the first place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is very important to keep your passport updated and nearby, you never know when someone may offer to whisk you off to Rome on a moment's notice. At least, that's what I tell myself!

4:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost my ID when we bought the new car, so I have to face those q's too!

12:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home