Thursday, April 20, 2006

Day 2

Today was singularly uneventful. Which I guess is good, as I’m on a juice-fast. I did buy some Apple cider Vinegar which I have been looking for for ages. It’s organic, unrefined and preservative free, miraculously enough. The stuff is supposed to be very good for you, with a great many health-benefiting properties. It has loads of potassium, which is great for a faster.

So today was day 2. I don’t feel weak at all, which is so nice. It feels so easy to be on a juice fast as opposed to a WATER fast, which I find HARD.

Happily, I weigh more than I thought I did. 55kg’s, but that is fully-clothed and with takkies on, so I reckon it’s closer to 53kg. But that stills means that I can afford to lose more than I thought, which is great, as I would love to keep this up for a month, but not if it means going under 45kg. I still have to take my ‘before’ photo. Keep forgetting.

I bought a hot-water bottle (with snazzy polar-fleece cover) today, but it smells so strongly of rubber that I just plain can’t stand it. I think I’ll use my old one instead, with a towel wrapped around it. Thing is, my back is so sore that I can barely watch tv at night. Both my MIL and my granny suggested I use a hot-water bottle to soothe the pain, and I must say, it helps. But the new one has to go. Even Michael has commented on how strongly it smells, and he usually isn’t bothered by smells.

Today, I had: Orange and grapefruit juice
Barley green
1 Tbs flaxseed oil
Carrot and cabbage juice
Apple Cider Vinegar, in a glass of water
And the most divine glass of apple juice.

I don’t feel hungry at all. In fact, I feel great. If it wasn’t for pain in my back/ hips, I wouldn’t have a care in the world.

Ooh! Michael has just challenged me to a game of SUDOKU. Let me go and whip his ass quick, hee hee. B right back…

Oops. How was I to know that M is on a winning streak! I must stop playing that ‘You’ve Got Mail’ CD for him, ‘cos it really does it for him.
He won, 2 games to my 1. The total score is now 32:34 in his favour.

DStv is installed. Must admit, I’m not liking it that much. Where are all the old classics that I was hoping for? Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Casablanca? I’ll be happier when we get our dish guide. I’m not one for aimless channel-hopping.

Michael seems to be enjoying it, though.

I joined a juice-fasting forum today. Looks to be very informative. I hope that I’m going to make a whole lot of new buddies there. Maybe there’ll even be someone currently on a juice fast that I can compare notes with.
Can’t find the camera to take my ‘before’ pic. Will have to do it tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You amaze me. Your commitment to this is just wonderful. Good luck with that fast and yes take a before pic

2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home