Friday, November 24, 2006

Feeling better - yay!

Oh, I feel so much better today. See, I knew it would pass. The cloud has lifted.

I started feeling better yesterday afternoon. I watched a favourite, old musical of mine, and afterwards my sweet, sweert hubby took me out to eat. Bless him, he knows how that perks me up. We went to a restaurant we haven't been to before, and I had the most divine vegetable platter of my life. Such quality food, they'll definitely be seeing me again.

My symptoms are feeling a little better. Even my eye, which is great. Seems like the cortisone stopped the relapse. That was the reason that I fasted for 5 days, to clear out the backlog of meds in my system, so that it would be more effective. It just makes sense that if you take a lot of the meds and there's a whole lot lying about in your body, your body will start getting used to it and it won't be as effective anymore.
It seems like it worked, anyway. I'll do a five day fast every time I need to take the meds, if necessary.
But it's early days yet. I'll have to see how effective the meds will be, and also how long the effect will last.

I've got a grip on myself as far as my lack of independene is concerned. Yesterday, it was driving me up the wall, today it just doesn't seem so very important. I can do the things I really want to do, and I'll take that for now.
Also, my distiller, which was making really disgusting water, seems to have pulled itself together!

Life is approaching its previously pretty-damn-good state once again.

Remind me of this the next time I have to take IV steroids and feel like the world is crashing down around me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you just perk up every time is wonderful. You were a different person today. I'm glad you are feeling better

7:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'pretty-damn-good' ... bliss, eh?

4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home