Saturday, November 11, 2006

Day 4, can you believe it?

Okay, so I said I'd quit at day 3, but I changed my mind.

Thing is, one really has to psyche oneself up to go on a fast, and I'm now past the half-way mark (if I manage 7 days), so thought I'd go on.

Plus, sometimes it just isn't convenient to fast. Like last month we had our holiday, and there is just no way I'll fast on a holiday.

Also, this fast is going much better than previous fasts of mine did. I have no light-headedness, which plagued me previous. Actually, I feel quite good. Went with my hubby to the WIMPY this morning. He cycled 95km, so I reckon he really deserved it. As for me, I had a bottle of water. It's not that I'm a total martyr - you just reach a stage on a fast where it isn't an option to want a fried, farmer's breakfast. Besides, I'm mostly vegetarian. It really didn't bug me.

I nearly caved in on day 2, when I had the back pain (unrelated to the fast).

Then, day 3 was okay. I went to visit my mom yesterday afternoon. Was thinking of breaking the fast that afternoon at 6pm, thus completing 3 days. But I managed to hold out, thanks to the good advice of my mentor, Paul Bragg. He writed in his book that one just has to grin and bear it. That he never said fasting was easy.
You're telling me! It's the boredom that's the worst. Did you ever realise how much entertainment is in food and eating? That is what is wrong with society today. We eat for fun and entertainment, not to be healthy and provide our bodies with good fuel.

Paul goes on to say that there are times on a fast where you don't feel so good, when the toxins are pouring out of your system. But the best is to lie down for a while, and it will pass.
And he's right! Iy does pass. I'm glad I found that out, otherwise I would have quit already.

So, here I am, nearly finished my fourth day of fasting. Or at least I will be, 6pm. I do so hope that I make it to 7 days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true that we eat when we are bored. Heck I sure do! WTG on keeping up with the diet

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home