Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Progress

I am feeling better.

I can sort of plot the little graph by now. On Sunday evening, a couple of hours post-cortisone, I felt on a bit of a high. Nothing new there. I felt cute and funny, and just generally the bee’s-knees. Too hyped up to sleep, come bedtime. So I lay there the whole night, watching Michael sleep. I drank a lot of water, seeing as I was awake. I am convinced this helps combat the toxicity of the meds a lot.

Monday morning rolled around. Didn’t feel too bad, considering I had slept a sum total of nothing. Expecting depression, I was really glad that it was, in fact, not present. My face was flushed, but that was all.
Went shoe shopping during lunch and bought a pair of beach-sandals which may or may not have been a mistake. It was around this time that I noticed a disproportionate amount of irritability floating around in me. It escalated over the course of the afternoon to dangerous levels. Not fun, but still more fun than feeling sorry for myself and being depressed. Poor Michael.

Went to bed early, and had a solid night of glorious, uninterrupted sleep. Didn’t wake up once. Woke up feeling really quite good this morning at half-past nine. I have the slightest bit of moon-face, but nothing that will stop traffic. The irritation is gone, and apart from feeling a wee bit run-down and weak, I feel quite all right. Purple spots receding rapidly, most gratifyingly.

So I’ve survived another round, and stood up. No TKO for me.

All in all, quite pleased with the result. However. I need to start looking after myself better again. Eating right, particularly, and carrying on with the exercises I have been doing. I haven’t made myself juice in ages so best that I start that up again. It is amazing how carrot juice can pep up one’s system. Potent stuff, carrot juice. Freshly made, it contains a wonderful cocktail of enzymes and vitamins, that are very accessible to the body. Virtually goes straight into the bloodstream, as little digestion is needed. So that’s my resolution for what remains of October: Less chocolate, more carrot! In fact, I may even make that my maxim to live by. Quite catchy, don’tcha think?
I feel like I can at least cook for my poor man tonight. Last night, I lay on a mattress in front of the tv, feeling simultaneously feeble and enormously irritated, and when he timidly phoned to hear if I was making food, I advised him to pick something up on the way home from work. Which he did. But tonight things are largely back to normal. Nothing too ambitious, just a pot of mince and pasta, the lazy housewife’s mainstay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home