Friday, July 21, 2006

Sometimes, thinking up a title is so dreary...

I’ve only just returned to my emotional equilibrium (defaulted to chirpy) and now I need to take cortisone again. It’s very soon after the last session. Not even a month and a half, never mind two, which for some reason became my goal. But I’m not breaking my head over it this time. The question is not will I take the meds, but rather when will I do so.

The thing is, I have too many fires to put out at this stage to get myself revved up on this point. My hips are maybe feeling a bit better, and quite frankly, I’d like to keep them that way. I’ve gone to a lot of effort and expense to get them half-way normal again. I’m not taking the chance of getting a full-blown relapse again, which will undoubtedly stuff them up from the word go again.

The reason I suspect that I’m heading for trouble is this: I’ve had this very disturbing, buzzing feeling in the back of my head (at the nape of my neck) for the past couple of weeks. Then, yesterday, I started getting that all too familiar tingling, pins-and-needles feeling in my legs, especially the left one. Now, today, they feel numb and quite dead. Also, alarmingly enough, I have near permanent goose-flesh on my left leg. How weird is that? Haven’t had that symptom before.

I am faithfully doing the exercises prescribed to me by the chiropractor. I have the three sets up to 120 repetitions. And it does feel as though it’s working. Next week, I’m going to see the physiotherapist to get a full exercise program. My muscle tone is not what it should, and for the first time (courtesy of agony in hips) I am getting concerned about this. I have gotten away with being inactive for about three years, but apparently I need to address the situation urgently, before something else packs up.

I can’t even go to the bother of feeling upset over all this anymore. It’s too damn boring.

Think I’ll go eat something…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home