Friday, June 09, 2006

Horrible week.

This has not been a good week. What an understatement.

I wasn’t able to accompany Mike to his cycle race, courtesy of the pain in my hip joints. But I must say, I have noticed improvement, albeit painfully (literally) slow improvement. Last time it also took a long time to get better, so I’ll take it as a good sign and keep my fingers crossed.

We got some really, really bad news in my family this week. I don’t want to discuss it, as it’s personal but suffice it to say that it has completely hit me for a six. The last couple of days I have felt depressed, irritable and overwhelmed. Stressed out and worried. And I’ve been eating badly. I can feel it is affecting my condition. I’ll probably have to go for some cortisone some time.

I dismantled my Oscar juicer as its locking mechanism wasn’t functioning. I would have had it serviced, but the business is in KZN, and transport would cost a fortune. So the owner advised me to dismantle it myself to check if a piece of fruit or some juice had gotten stuck behind the locking wheel. So I took it apart, cleaned it, and to my mortification, couldn’t put it back together again. And it’s only two parts and four screws.
This morning I phoned the business, but the lady couldn’t help me telephonically, although she did trey. She advised me to phone back later and speak to the owner.
In the mean time, I tackled it again. And eventually got it right! All by myself. The machine is now working better than ever before. I feel so empowered! Lol.

Tomorrow I want to try and stop stressing, eat better and find my equilibrium again. Me going through a rough spot right now is not going to help anybody at this point in time.

I hope Michael has a good race tomorrow. He is riding with his dad and brother. I hope they all enjoy it.

I think this weekend alone-at-home is maybe just what I need right now. A chance to regroup, rest and think things through… And at least I can make myself some juice again ;-).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this has been a tough week for you. I wish I could just make it all better. You are such an awesome woman you know? You came to visit us tonight and you weren't feeling well...I know that. yet you sat there with a smile. My son jumped right on your feet/legs and just gently yet sternly called his name. I would not have handled it so well. I love you

9:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray from all my heart for you and your family. I am so sorry for you feeling not well... and family news making you even worse... I am so sorry. I hope this new week will be better, and will bring some Sun to all of you.
You are really the bravest person I know... I can't wait to meet you personally. You know, the plan is soccer World Cup 2010 in SA. So, be there, I just can't wait to sit with you and Mel!!!

10:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't be afraid, I will not talk about soccer:) I mean just girlish chat:))) And some very very nice fruits. I miss like crazy your sweet pinnaples!

10:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maggie I am so sorry that things are not going well for you at the moment. I hope whatever bad news you have received will get better.
Be kind and gentle to yourself.

Take care.

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home