Saturday, June 03, 2006

Day 3...

In my post yesterday, I forgot to mention something interesting. Michael has had a very irritating head cold for the past week. On Wednesday, I felt that oh-so-familiar irritation in my throat, and also started developing a feeble little cough. But the next day, I started my fast, and that sure sure put a stop to the cold. It didn't even have a chance to get off the run-way. Even though I know how powerful the healing is on a fast, I was still pleasantly surprised by the speed at which it acted. Usually, once I get the first symptoms of a cold, I know I'm in for it. Viva la fast!

  • I can't believe how good I feel on day 3 of my fast. I keep expecting to feel bad in the morning, and I don't. In fact, I feel so good, I keep wondering "Is this for real?"
  • Today, however, I did notice that I have a bit of a white coating on my tongue, which is a very good sign of detoxification. Welcome, friend!
  • I have no hunger whatsoever. I guess it's because I've been planning this fast for so long and I am psychologically ready for it.
  • I wonder if the fast is going so well because I preceded it with a 3 week juice fast earlier in the month. Or perhaps it is because I am more psychologically 'easy' this time round. I have a bit of experience under my belt, and I know what to expect.
  • Just to clarify matters, side-effects that I experienced on previous fasts included: extreme weakness, shortness of breath, severe insomnia, nausea, racing heart, irritibility, and a general spaced-out feeling.
  • Not all at once though, lol.
  • I did feel quite irritable last night, but that because of (severe) pain in my hips. It was so sore, I felt like crying last night as I got into bed. I just could get comfortable. It's a bit better today, thank godness.
  • Actually, I feel very blessed. I feel that this is a bountiful universe, and that I have been led to this way of letting my body get on with the business of healing itself. I've so had it with this disease.
  • I told my mom on the phone last night that maybe my hips are sore because they are in the process of being healed by the fast. She laughed, and said now that's what she calls optimism ;-) But there is a grain of truth in my theory. Sites of old injuries and pain etc, are known to act up on a fast, and then be fine after the fast is broken. Better than ever before! I can but hope, right?
  • Michael is being his usual, supportive self.
  • He did remark this afternoon that I'm looking very pale. No big surprise there - three days without food!
  • Sonja's Christopher was a week old on Thursday. I saw him yesterday, he is such a little darling.
  • I've had such a restful day so far. I've been lying in bed listening to CD's on my portable CD walkman. How cool is that? I've even managed to do a spot of healing visualisation and affirmations.
  • Can't wait for that first post-fast meal of pawpaw, banana and dates!
  • I didn't think I'd be updating my blog at all on this fast, on account of being so weak and feeling grotty. But I'm really feeling great so far. I just hope this keeps up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home