Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

Today has been splendid so far. The pain is infinitesimally better than it was yesterday, so it’s still improving. Yes! Tomorrow is my chiropractic appointment, and I think that should sort it out even more.

I got up at 6:15 this morning to catch a lift with Michael (on his way to the golf-course, of course) to my parents house so I could spend the morning with my mom on mother’s day. I haven’t seen much of her lately, so it was really great. We spent the whole time chatting, and the time just flew past. I had the most divine fruit salad there, too.

For lunch, I had dried figs and raisins. A bit too much, actually1 I certainly never meant it to be my lunch, but when I saw again, the packet was empty. This is not such a good idea, as dried fruit is very rich in concentrated fruit sugars, and the idea is just to have a little bit. Oh, well.

Michael and his dad have gone cycling, and when he gets back, we will go to visit our other mother :-)

Apparently we can look forward to a really cold week. Oh, no!

One of my friends celebrated her birthday today, as well as her first Mother’s Day since becoming a mom. How special is that? I haven’t spoken to her for a while, so it was nice hearing her voice when I phoned to wish her a happy day.

I hope our maid comes this week. She couldn’t make it last week, and you can tell, lol.

Still feeling very focused on my diet. This week I have to start with my one-day water-fast (per week). I have a lot of faith in this program. I really do think it’s the way forward for me. And one day a week is very manageable.
LOL. Michael says we saved a lot of money while I was on my juice fast. Not just from my side, but because he’s not having fizzy drinks and chocolates. That is just a nice bonus, isn’t it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol that's nogal true...if you wanna save money go on a fast! Okay, not that I would survive even a few hours on a fast but you know... it's a thought :)
I'm glad you got to spend some time with your mom

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home