Thursday, May 04, 2006

Day 16

Not much to report about day 16. Felt a bit weak this morning, but after my juice I was fine again.

It’s funny, but like anything else, this has become a habit, after doing it for 16 days. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel like eating, but it doesn’t bug me that much. I mean, today when Michael had our favourite pizza, it smelt damn good, but I wasn’t unhappy about the fact that I couldn’t eat it.

Today was my godson, Quintus’ 6th birthday. Can’t believe what a little man he s already. It was so nice to see him with his peers. He was really ‘one of the lads’. His mom threw him a really lovely party, and they had the most unbelievable cake made. It was just fantastic.

I’m feeling very unhappy about the fact that the doctors have been giving me such high (and necessary) doses of cortisone. What do they care? It isn’t their bodies suffering from the side-effects. This last gram that I took worked just as well, if not better, than the full 5g course they normally give me. It was my own initiative to try a lower dose, otherwise they’d still be pumping me full of the stuff. I think it’s verging on medical malpractice. Still, at least I know now.

I watched the Weakest Link today. I love that show. I love Trivial Pursuit type game-shows, but I also really like the byplay between the host and contestants in this particular show. I think Fiona is so witty, and must be very intelligent, the way she thinks on her feet. Apart from the show, she’s also a playwright, and her work is highly acclaimed.
I would love to be a contestant on the show. The only thing that worries me is how cool will it look to do ‘the walk of shame’ with an orthopedic walking aid, lol.

Still toying with the idea of including a mini water-fast in my juice fast. I think I’d quite like a day or two of rest, where I don’t have to make juice five million times ;-) Plus, it will speed up the whole detox process.

I phoned the insurance company today and set the ball in motion for us to get our new camera. They are going to have it evaluated to see if it can be fixed. If not, they’ll replace it, otherwise they’ll pay to have it repaired. So either way, we should have a functioning camera soon. Yay!
The weight is coming off very gradually, but I’d like to take another photo to compare it to my first one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie.

Your juice fast journal has been really interesting, and you are sounding very upbeat and well throughout it, I hope it gives your body the detox and reset it needs. Did you look at the Chet Day site I mentioned last week?

Also I found this a while back http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/. It's a lady with a vegan family and she showcases the lunchbox she makes for her kid each day. It really yummy-looking healthy stuff. Would veganism be helpful for MS at all? Anyway I thought you may enjoy her blog too.

I need to do a fast and reset again as I am currently addicted to peanut butter and biscuits and sweets :/

Good luck.

1:25 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Thanks, Janew, I'll go take a look!

9:05 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Oh, btw, I can't get onto your blog. I get onto your user-profile, but then there's no link under 'blogs'. What am I doing wrong?

9:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blog is at http://janewsblog.blogspot.com/

8:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home