Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Day 15

Despite the miserable weather outside, I feel happy and loved. And warm inside and cosseted. The luckiest girl in the world!

I didn’t sleep much last night, as my knees were too sore. When Michael’s alarm went off at 5:30, I was already awake. We had such a lovely time, talking in bed before he got up. He said he has respect for me, because he only had back-pain for a few days, and only has to exclude three items in his diet. I appreciated hearing this. He is so supportive to me when I need it most. He also said that he’s found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and it’s called Maggie. That really warmed the cockles of my heart. And I thought we were going to be dealing with coffee withdrawal symptoms! He did say that it’s harder than he thought it would, though (not drinking coffee) He was drinking up to four or five large mugs a day. I suggested he buy some Milo, as it is winter and it’s nice to have something hot to drink. I love Milo, anyway. I don’t think it’s a punishment by any stretch of the imagination.

Day fifteen is going pretty well so far. I’m tempted to throw in a coupla days water fasting here and there, to speed up the healing process. Detoxification is markedly speedier on a water fast. Unfortunately, the side-effects are a bit heavy, too. No pain, no gain, I guess. If it was easy, everyone would water fast. I’m not looking forward to that ‘blah’ feeling, I must say. Maybe I’ll just stick to the juice. It seems to be working pretty well.

Juice-fasting seems to be a pore-minimizer J Who knew?

I wish my book order would hurry up and come. Fortunately, it’s LOST tonight. Did I mention I’m totally into it again? I’m giving SURVIVOR a miss this season. I find it too much to watch more than one season a year. But I think I will give DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES a try tomorrow and see what all the fuss is about. BTW, I’m sticking to my no-daytime-tv rule, even with the DStv. Not that it’s an effort. I’m not too much of a television junkie. Give me a book any day.

I found such nice recipes in YOU magazine. I think I must start making myself a recipe book. I can’t wait till I’m off my fast to try and make them. The one is a sort of ginger cake, with caramel icing. I love ginger. Then there’s a nice recipe for chocolate brownies, which I’ve always wanted to try and make. And there’s also a recipe for biscotti. I’ve never had biscotti, but I’m intrigued.

The dirty washing situation here is reaching epidemic proportions. The weather is so nasty outside. I’ve told Michael to stop by Mr Price and buy himself another jean (they’re on special for R79) to tide him over. He does need one, though. He only has about four or so long pants, some of which are nearing the end of their productive lifespan.

My dad bought me a very realistic stuffed rotweiller at the Rand Show. It has the softest fur. He said I don’t need to feed it, just to give it a bit of love. Ha ha. I actually find myself stroking it while I’m watching tv. I had hardly any stuffed toys when I was a kid. I was a bit of a tomboy, not one of those little girls who slept with an army of soft toys on her bed. But since reaching adulthood, everyone seems to have this need to buy me stuffed animals. I don’t know why. Maybe I just have that kind of face, lol. Still, I can’t help enjoying them. They’re so cute.

Dolly Parton next door started singing before 8:30 this morning. Loudly. She has an amplifier. And quite a limited repertoire. I’m not a big fan of country music, or any other music, at that time of the morning, especially when I haven’t slept the night before. I think it’s time to bring out my harmonica again, lol. That should cramp her style.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Maggie, That's a good idea about the harmonica...fight fire with fire...as in Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire I guess.

I'm glad your fast is coming along so well. I can't imagine 15 days on juice alone.

You sound like you have a great guy! What a blessing!

4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home