Sunday, April 30, 2006

Day 12 - continued...

  • Oh, I've really had it with this constant pain! I think i must make an appointment to see my chiropractor this week, much as I don't relish that thought! I just can't live with it anymore, it's wearing me down. Not only that, but it is making my fast so much more difficult than it would ordinarily have been.
  • Speaking of which, I very nearly broke my fast tonight. I felt so hungry, and I've been thinking of food all day. Michael had the most delicious smelling toast for supper, with ham, tomato and salad on. I wanted to snatch it and stuff it down my throat, lol. He then had a slice of the black-forest cake that is languishing in our fridge. I felt weak and fed-up, and started on the unhelpful thought train of asking questuions like, "Why am I doing this?" Then I thought that I would just do it for another two days, thus completing two weeks.
  • Fortunately, I got a grip on myself. I decided to have my 'supper' of apple and pineapple juice, and to see how i felt after that. Well, it did wonders to revive my flagging spirits. I feel like I can tackle this thing head-on again. I've decided that every time I feel like quitting, I have to give it at least one more day, in case the feeling (hopefully) passes. No-one said this was going to be easy, anyway.
  • I have noticed some benefits already from the fast, as far as my health goes, most notably my gait and my eyesight. I've also stopped experiencing flashing purple lights when I swivel my eyes in their sockets to look left or right, which is a big improvement.
  • Tomorrow is Day 13, so I can't quit yet anyway. That would be unlucky, lol. (I'm only superstitious when it suits me, ha ha)
  • I had such a lovely weekend with my Michael. It never ceases to amaze me how we just never run out of things to talk about. He's a lot of fun to live with (most of the time, lol), a real laugh-riot. I like being married to my best friend. I told him tonight that I don't think I would have come this far on the fast if it weren't for him. He is unfailingly supportive, both emotionally and physically, by going out and 'hunting' for items for me to juice, and washing my juicer for me a lot of the time. Some mornings, he even comes back home during work-hours to make me 'juice in bed'. How sweet is that? He's just the best.
  • I loved seeing my sisters this weekend. Annie in particular, as I still haven't gotten used to her living in Jozi. I'm so proud of the incredible woman that she has become.
  • I hope these bloody bullets are going to show up when I publish this post. Some of the templates don't support bullets and I think this may be one of them. I really need to learn a bit of html.
  • I found a really brilliant website on juice-fasting today. Looks to be the best one I've come across yet. I've saved it on our pc, and will peruse it at my leisure tomorrow.
  • I'm going to have a nice, hot bath now, so that I can hopefully get some sleep with my naughty sacro-illiac joint. Tomorrow is another day, and we'll take it from there...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad my brother is so supportive. It is awesome to be married to your best friend

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home